Chapter 8: Just To See You Smile

Just to see you smile
I'd do anything
That you wanted me to
And all is said and done
I'd never count the cost
It's worth all that's lost
Just to see you smile

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Why did I have to go shopping with you?" Draco groans.

"Because everyone else is busy," Danneel calls from behind the changing station.

"I thought your mom would've sent you a dress."

"She did. But it was the same as Cass. It looked better on her then on me and I didn't have the heart to tell her I didn't like it."

"What about when the girls went to Hogsmead two weeks ago?"

"I was in detention."

"You got detention!" Draco exclaims while Danneel walks out in her first dress.

"Calm down. I got detention because I got caught playing a prank with the Weasley's. Now, what do you think of this dress?"

It was a plain dress with a navy color and a sweetheart neckline. It wasn't anything spectacular and didn't show off Danneel's curves. Draco scrunches his nose, "I'm not a fan."

"Me neither. Just doesn't wow." Danneel agrees and heads back into the dressing room.

"You never told me who you're going to the ball with." Draco comments.

"It's a surprise."

Draco hears rustling before Danneel emerges in a red mermaid type dress that has jewels on the corset and feathers on the skirt. It was quite the statement piece.

"No!"

"Come on it's not that bad."

"No. You're a Slytherin and Slytherin's don't wear red."

"Fine," Danneel huffs, "I'll take it off."

"Do you remember our first ball?" Draco asks.

"I couldn't forget it. We were ten."

"It was the spring and we were allowed to dance to one song."

"You know that song we danced too is my favorite song."

"What was the name of it?" Draco asks.

"I don't know I just know the tune," Danneel replies and starts to hum it (the song is here comes the sun). "Don't be mean. I really like this dress."

Danneel steps out of the dressing room and Draco's heart stops. It's a baby blue off the shoulder dress with the skirt flaring at her waist. There are little flowers on the corset that run into the skirt.

"So... what do you think?" Danneel asks biting her lip.

"I think you look beautiful. It's a really pretty dress."

Danneel's face breaks out in a smile, "You really think so!"

"Yea," Draco nods.

"This is it! I'm going to get this one." She squeals.

Draco laughs at her antics as she goes back into the dressing room.

"You know I am happy you decided to work things out with Pansy," Danneel calls.

"Really? I got the thought that you guys didn't care for her."

"It doesn't matter what we think. It looked like she makes you happy and that's all that matters."

"Yea..." Draco trails off, "You really not going to tell me who you're going with?"

"That would be correct!" Danneel responds walking out with the dress in her arms, "Come on I've got to pay and then I'll buy you a butterbeer as a thank you for coming with me." 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"I know you want to surprise Draco with who you're going with but can you at least tell us," Cass pleads.

"No," Danneel smirks, "It'll be a surprise for all! Besides, Cass, you haven't told us who you're going with either."

"It's not that Durmstrang boy... Walter, right?" Zara asks.

"No. Why do you ask?"

"Because Cass is going with his friend Killian," Daphne says and then widens her eyes, "I mean no she's not!"

"Daphne!" Cass shrieks, "You weren't supposed to tell anyone!"

"Killian was nice," Zara comments, "Definitely better looking than his friend."

"Well, now that you know can you please tell me who you're going with Danneel!" Cass pleads.

"Nope!"

"I hate you," Cass says deadpanned.

"You love me!"

Cass glares at Danneel and changes the topic, "I still can't believe Whells asked Zari out. I guess miracles do come true for some."

"Me neither," Zara sighs, "He was just so shy and sweet. He gave me a paper rose... I can't wait for this dance."

"We're happy for you," Daphne smiles.

"You're not going with Draco are you?" Cass asks.

"Give it a rest!" Zara exclaims.