Chapter 32: Make It Sweet

'Cause I'm stuck on you, you're stuck on me
I never gotta wonder where my honey be
I ain't savin' all my sugar for a Saturday night
Seven days a week I got an appetite
The sunsets like a tangerine
Let's find a road we've never seen
Don't waste another mile or a minute not kissin' me
Life is short, make it sweet

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"Scoot over," Danneel says to Draco as she holds a wooden tray full of half a dozen plates each with a different slice of cake on it.

"What's this?" Draco laughs and he scoots over.

Although Draco appeared to be mine minus the scars and some soreness Madame Pomfrey wanted to keep him overnight for two days just to make sure, considering no one knows the spell that hit him. Danneel knew Harry probably did but she'd rather not talk to him.

"Mum had wedding cake samples sent over," Danneel says balancing the trays on both of their laps, "We're supposed to pick one."

"Wow," Draco says and wraps his arm around her shoulders, "Where do we even start?"

"Exactly my first reaction," Danneel says and reaches into her back pocket and pulls out a piece of parchment, "So I made Cass, Daph, Zari, and Blaise try them. My mum sent like full tiny cakes and I just needed a slice of each so I made everyone take some. And they all choose the ones they liked. Cass and my mother enjoyed the red velvet cake with the cream cheese frosting. Blaise enjoyed the chocolate cake with the raspberry mousse frosting, and Zara and Daphne liked the lemon cake and vanilla buttercream. Oh, and your mum liked the Vanilla cake with the vanilla buttercream, very traditional."

"Interesting," Draco hums.

"I also sent some to J.D and Riley and Charlie and Emmy and their responses were pretty instantaneously. J.D liked the Cinnamon spice cake with maple buttercream-"

"We're not going to choose that one. You hate maple anything," Draco says laughing, "Haha leave it to Avery to pick the worst cake.

"Shut up," Danneel laughs and shoves his shoulder, "Emmy liked the Hazelnut cake with salted caramel dark chocolate frosting. And Charlie liked the chocolate one Blaise liked and Riley liked the red velvet cake."

"So it seems to me that Red Velvet is a definite front runner, along with the chocolate and raspberry and vanilla and lemon. And then it probably won't win but you can't go wrong with the vanilla and vanilla so it can't hurt to eat it," Draco says picking up a fork and taking a piece out the vanilla vanilla.

"I'm going to have," Danneel hums picking up a fork, "The chocolate raspberry."

Draco takes a minute before saying, "If we don't like the other five this is a safe bet."

"Good to know," Danneel tuts and scrunches her nose, "This is okay not a fan of the raspberry seeds in the mousse but other than that it's good."

Draco tries the red velvet while Danneel tries the vanilla lemon. Draco eats his first but before Danneel can try her's Draco knocks the fork out of her hand and feeds her a piece of the red velvet.

"Draco!" Danneel cries with her mouth full.

"Shut up and just eat it," Draco insists, "It's the best cake I've ever had."

Danneel chuckles and she begins to chew and taste it. She leans her head back and sighs before swallowing, "That's damn good cake."

"Yea it is."

"Looks like we have a winner. I'll write to my mother later and say we'll have the red velvet and cream cheese. I'm so glad we got to choose something for the wedding together."

"I'm sorry," Draco says and burrows his head into Danneel's neck as she moves the tray of cakes to the bedside table.

"It's fine," Danneel says laying her head on top of his, "It was just flowers really. Our mother's decided the colors for us and I didn't need you to pick out a wedding dress. Your mother already ordered the tuxes to match so you don't have to worry about that."

"When did you have time to go dress shopping?"

"A month or so ago my mother sent in many many samples and the girl's and I had a fashion show or whatever in the dorm and I picked the one I liked and sent it to my mother so she could make sure it fits or whatever."

"Sounds stressful," Draco chuckles.

"It could've been easier if I had help," Danneel teases.

"I said I was sorry."

"And I'm just saying it would've been easier," Danneel says and kisses him, "But I forgive and love you."

"Love you too," Draco replies.

"So you're going to need three groomsmen. That's pretty much the only thing you have to do on your own."

"Who are you're bridesmaids?"

"Cass is my maid of honor, then Daphne, and Zara."

"What about Emmy or Riley?" Draco asks, "I thought you would want them in our wedding for sure."

"Oh no, I do want them," Danneel sighs, "But your father has been very selective in who is allowed to attend. Only pureblooded English Deatheaters."

"Dani..."

"They said he might come," Danneel sniffs, "I don't want him to come Draco."

"He's not going to come," He says strongly and wraps her in his arms, "I'll make sure of it."

Danneel nods and takes in a deep breath and lets out a chuckle.

"What?" Draco asks.

"You smell."

"Sorry," Draco scoffs.

"No I didn't mean that you smell bad," Danneel laughs, "I meant your natural smell. You smell minty like toothpaste and musky like a campfire and I smelled it at the beginning of the year in potions when he showed us Amortentia, and there was a third scent that I couldn't place but I just thought of it, it's your cologne."

"That's really what you smelled," Draco says giddily like a little kid.

"Yea, what did you smell?"

"Lavender, chocolate, and old books. I smelled you."

Danneel snuggles more into his side, "So who are going to be your other two groomsmen? I mean I know Blaise is going to be your best man but it's not like you have many guy friends."

"I have guy friends!"

"Sure you do," Danneel laughs.

"I could ask Crabbe or Goyle or Nott. Maybe Flint? In a perfect world, I would ask J.D."

"Really?"

"Of course. He's your family," Draco laughs, "He also the closest thing I had to a brother or whatever."

"Awwww."

"You're never allowed to tell him that."