Chapter 35: Can't Help Falling In Love

Like a river flows surely to the sea

Darling so it goes

Some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too

For I can't help falling in love with you

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

"This wasn't how this was supposed to go," Danneel whispers to herself as her mother fluffs her wedding dress.

"You look so stunning darling," Her mum coos, "Just think how good you'll look too when your hair is done."

"Thank you," Danneel chokes out.

Cass hears this and her head shoots up to see a rather flustered and overwhelmed Danneel. Although Cass' nails are half done, she stands up and walks over to Kerrigan, "Could I just have a minute with the bride?"

"Of course darling," Kerrigan says placing a hand on the blonde's shoulder, "I know this is hard on her."

Kerrigan then walks over to the lady who's doing Danneel's hair, and the one who was doing Cass' nails and gathers Daphne, and Zara and leads them outside. Cass makes her way over to Danneel who just crumples in front of her.

"No," Danneel cries, "I can't cry, my makeup."

"Shh," Cass says grabbing tissues and starts dabbing her friend's eyes, "Don't worry about the makeup that can be put on again. You just need a minute. One minute to just let it out and not be a high society girl."

Danneel just lets out a sob and falls into Cass' arms, "It wasn't supposed to be like this."

"I know," Cass says smoothing her hair out, "I know, but hey you know the one thing that is how it's supposed to be?"

"What?" Danneel sniffs.

"Draco," Cass smiles, "No matter how many versions and colors and cakes that this wedding could've had he's the one constant. You're going to see him again."

"I'm going to see him again," Danneel repeats happily.

"I know how much you've been missing him despite you all the letters you send back and forth but I know it's not the same."

Danneel nods and dots her eyes, "I get to see him again."

"You get to see him," Cass repeats, "You okay right now?"

Danneel nods.

"Okay, I'm going to let them back in okay?"

"Okay." 

~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~>﹏<~

After Danneel got her hair finished and makeup retouched she stood at the top of the Malfoy's large staircase that would lead into the ballroom. Cass, Daphne, and Zara were already at the bottom of the stairs waiting for Danneel to come down so the ceremony could begin.

Danneel was playing with her necklace when and arm took hers.

"Are you nervous about the wedding or nervous that you're going to break your ankle if you walk down those stairs in your heels?"

"A little bit of both," She laughs and turns to look at Atlas.

"I'm scared dad."

"I know."