Oxymoron

Oxymoron; conjoined contradictory terms.

C H A P T E R    F I V E 

"I am telling you she looks like that blonde girl from the vampire diaries," Matt tried to convince me for the 40th time in the last three minutes. 

We arrived early to class, and the professor wasn't here yet, so the blonde girl who was sitting diagonally to Matt and me, chewing the pen in her hand like her life depended on it, conveniently became the topic of our discussion.

"No, she does not look like Caroline, Matt!" I protested.

"Okay first of all, yes she does. And second of all, her name is Catherine, not Caroline," he spoke as if stating the obvious.

"Oh my god! No, you idiot. It's Katherine with a 'K' not with a 'C', and she isn't the blonde girl, she's the doppelganger or lookalike or whatever they call it," I reminded him.

"This is embarrassing Sydney. You need to watch the series again; you are mixing up everything," he overdramatically sighed.

"Matthew, why don't we do this? We'll watch it together, and you've to treat me with a burger if you're wrong, which you obviously are, so deal?" I held out my hand for him to shake.

"Alright, first of all, ew, don't call me that and if I win, the possibility of which seems quite certain, you have to post a tweet saying, 'Matt Winston is the hottest guy I have ever seen', deal?" he raised his eyebrows and smirked.

"Okay, Matthew. Deal. Thank you for the burger in advance," I shook his hand.

"Hey, don't call me that," he mumbled and shoved me with his elbow.

Before I could tease him further, the professor walked in, silencing all of our chatterings. After 55 minutes and 36 seconds, the professor's rambling finally came to an end but unfortunately, Matt was impossible to stop, and so he spoke up, "So the next question I am gonna ask you will determine what kind of person you are, cool?" He proceeded further with, "Okay so Harry Styles or Justin Bieber?"

I was expecting some kind of psychological question, but then again, it was Matt who asked the question, so it didn't surprise me at all.

"That's a very clear choice for a One Direction fan, of course, I'm gonna go with Harry." 

"Wrong. You're supposed to go with someone like Kendall Jenner or Selena Gomez," he muttered, shaking his head.

"You're right, I would go with them except there's a severe lack of testosterone on my body, and there's also the fact that I am not planning to be gay," I grumbled trying to make my hair look normal because the wind messed it up. "And jeez, wow this question told you all about my personality, didn't it?"

"What question?" smiling as bright as day, stood Chase in front of me, wearing a simple white t-shirt that fell in line perfectly with his shoulders and sleeves folded up top twice, confusion and amusement quite evident in his tone.

"Hi, Chase!" I greeted. He returned the greeting by pulling me into a hug.

"Winston," Chase said with a nod.

"Edwards."

They did the classic fist bump.

"So what question were you talking about?" Chase asked.

"It's this dumb thing Matt made up...."

As always, I got cut off. "Shut up. It's not dumb. Okay Chase, lemme ask you this, who would you choose between Harry Styles and Justin Bieber?"

"Neither of them. I'd rather go with one of their exes," he smirked.

"And score! I have made my point, gentlemen. No further questions," Matt gave me a smug smile.