Vertigo

Vertigo; a sensation of whirling and loss of balance, associated particularly with looking down from a great height; giddiness.

C H A P T E R E L E V E N

"But why would he do that?" I asked, impatient for an answer.

"I have no idea. I was jogging, and he came up to me and just told me this. When I asked him why he just turned around and left," she could barely stop crying.

"What the hell? How can he do that?" I went to the door.

"Where are you going?"

"To put some sense into your boyfriend," the way Scar was crying, Jordan better be ready.

"No, no. Syd, you can't do that!" she shrieked, terrified.

"If he had the guts to pull this shit, he better have the guts to deal with me," I surprised myself as well as Scar with that tone. I don't think I had ever been this angry at someone. I know Scarlett needed to be alone for some time. She wasn't in a state of listening or understanding anything so I grabbed my cardigan and set off to find the person responsible for this.

"Hey, Syd. What's up?" Matt flashed me a grin as soon as I stepped out. I forgot he was coming here to pick me up for the cafe.

"Matt, have you seen Jordan anywhere?"

"Woah! No, I haven't seen him but what happened? Is everything okay?" I didn't answer to him and instead just kept walking towards the cafe. I could hear Matt telling me to slow down as he tried to catch up with my pace.

Just as I stepped in, Chase and Ally were leaving the cafe. "Do you know where Jordan is?"

Chase blinked twice before answering. "Um, yeah. He just left to go to his apartment. He wasn't feeling so well, though."

"Is everything alright? Why do you look like you want to punch someone?" Ally asked.

I saw the worried and perplexed look on the three of their faces, but I was too enraged to clear out their confusion. I made my way to his apartment with everyone else trailing behind me, trying to figure out what the hell went wrong.

I didn't have to enter the building because the person I was looking for had spotted me. Luckily, there was no one except us and Gerald, the watchman of their building. Jordan's eyes met mine, and he was pleading me not to say anything in front of everyone. But, there was nothing that could stop me, so I walked up to him.

"You better have a legitimate goddamn reason for the stunt you just pulled or so god help me Jordan, you're gonna regret this," I could hear the gasps from Ally and Matt.

"I already am regretting it," he mumbled, his voice barely being audible.

"Then why did you do it?" I asked.

"Because it had to be done. And because I didn't really have any other choice."

I was about to retort but Chase came and stood next to me and said, "Will any one of you, please tell us what is going on?"

"I broke up with Scar," Jordan bluntly answered. Both Matt and Ally came forward along with their shocking reactions.

"Syd, I have a reason. But you've to promise me to calm down and listen to it," he pleaded.

"Okay, fine. Just tell me." He was right. We had to listen to him calmly because ultimately even I knew Jordan wouldn't want to hurt her deliberately. We shifted to the parking lot, and all of us were leaning on a car waiting for Jordan to begin.

"I and Noah were standing outside the class because the professor wasn't there yet. We were just joking about random shit when two guys walked past us. They were talking about how hot Noah's cousin, Scarlett is. And that they would give anything to go out with her. Let's just say they didn't use respectful words."