Paroxysm

Paroxysm; a sudden outburst of emotion.

(I know, I'm not supposed to blabber at the start, but please, for the love of God, play the song on the top. It makes the chapter x10 better. I promise. Please play that song, guys!)

C H A P T E R S I X T E E N

"Does Scar know?" I asked, still hugging him. I could feel him clenching his fists and suffocate with every breath he took.

"I don't know," he mumbled. "But I'm dreading to find out." He finally released me and looked at me, his eyes, full of hope. "Can you come with me to the apartment? Please?"

"You don't have to ask."

I turned back to look at Matt who was standing there dumbfounded. He then nodded and gestured me to go with Noah. I grabbed my coat, and we made our way towards his apartment. His fingers were entwined with mine, and it didn't seem like he was planning to undo that anytime soon.

I had a very strong feeling Scar knew. There was no way she couldn't. I preferred it that way. Noah could barely speak a word, and I didn't consider myself strong enough to tell her. I'm sure the source that gave Noah that piece of information had the courtesy to tell Scar as well.

It was still raining cats and dogs, but at this point, that was the least of our worries. I had a thousand questions running in my head. When? Where? How? The list was limitless, but the boy next to me looked so weak that I couldn't muster up the courage to ask him anything. My mind was terrified thinking of what Scar's state would be. I don't think I was gonna stop crying anytime soon and I knew Judy for a few days so I couldn't even think of what both Noah and Scar would be going through.

As we stood on the door, ready to open it and enter the apartment, my body trembled at the thought of a very broken and weeping Scarlett and when the door opened, my thoughts were brought to life.

The moment Scar registered her cousin; she hugged him. Both me and Jay were mere spectators of the scene, and our heart was breaking. We left them alone after Scar cried on my shoulder for a good fifteen minutes. We were standing in the hallway, and he told me it was Noah's dad who called them up to deliver the news.

"What happened to her? She seemed absolutely fine the other day," I sobbed. "How did she suddenly....?"

"Heart attack," Jay replied in a monotonous voice. When those words sunk into my chest, I shook my head pitifully as if denying the stated. I stumbled back and clashed with the wall, only to find myself sitting down and sobbing even more. After a while, we went in, and Scar decided that she was gonna stay at the apartment and I got back to the dorm. I informed the rest of the group of the unfortunate occurring.

Twenty-four hours had passed, and the only thing that changed was the weather. The rain had finally decided to cease. The following morning was the funeral, and I hadn't seen Scar or Noah since yesterday. The night passed away in the same sorrow, and in a few hours, the rays of the sun made their appearance to wake the world.

I put on a simple black dress that hugged my body till my waist and then fell just above my knees in flares. I didn't eat a thing since yesterday, and neither did I get any sleep. I grabbed my coat and made my way to the apartment to meet Scar. I pulled the coat closer to my body and hugged myself. The weather seemed to be in anguish and grief, no different than the rest of us, in the form of chilly winds.

I saw Scar and Jay coming out of the building, and I ran to them. "Hey," I greeted.

She looked helpless. Her hair was out of place, and the green eyes on her face were swollen. She was wearing a large t-shirt which looked like it belonged to Jay. On the other hand, Jay was completely dressed up for the funeral in slacks, a button-down shirt, and a tie.