Blithe

Blithe; happy or carefree.

C H A P T E R    T W E N T Y   T W O 

"No, that's not fair," yelled Matt from the hall.

Scar and I went to check what was happening and we found Matt and Ally trying to catch popcorn in their mouth after they threw it up in the air.  We were here at Noah and Jay's apartment like we decided last night and the three musketeers, meaning, Noah, Jay, and Chase weren't here yet from their practice. 

"It is fair, loser. The score is seven to three, me being in the lead, of course," Ally declared flipping her hair.

I facepalmed and Scar shook her head at them and then went back to telling me how great the longest episode of Game of Thrones was. She couldn't stop talking about it even though I'd already told her ten thousand times that neither did I know a thing about it nor was I interested in educating myself about that show because even though 'Seven kingdoms fighting for a throne' seemed interesting, I certainly did not have time to catch up on eight whole seasons.

"Are you even listening to me?" Scar lightly slapped me on my shoulder.

"Nope," I whispered, popping the P.

Scar rolled her eyes at me and as she stepped into the hall, she finally realized what its condition was. "What the hell have you guys done?" she said, frantically turning and looking around the room. "Noah is gonna kill you after he sees this."

"What does he do when there's a party over here? Go around telling people to put their beers in the garbage bag on the other side of the kitchen?" Matt scoffed.

"Have you ever heard of any party being held here?" Scar folded her arms and raised her eyebrows.

Matt gave out a stifled laugh and Ally's side had no trace of the mess. "How the hell did you clean up so quickly?"

"You don't wanna get in the middle of Noah and his cleanliness," Ally said, putting one more popcorn that was left back into the bowl.

Before Matt could get on with his side, the door opened for Chase and Jay to walk in. Both of them after saying hi to me and Matt went ahead to greet their respective girlfriends. Sometimes it made me feel kinda left out when Scar and Ally could connect on instances about their boyfriends, I would just sit there and do nothing. It kinda sucks when your best friends start dating especially if the people they're dating are also your friends because that can result in two things. The first being getting stuck in the middle of their fight and the second being not having people to hang out with because the couples always have private plans which after some time become very annoying and cringy to third-wheel. Not that Matt and I are going to stop doing that any time soon. 

"Hey Matt, you might wanna, you know, tidy the place a lil bit. Noah's gonna be here any minute," Chase warned and chuckled.

"Yes! He cannot be cranky today, please! His bad mood loves ruining my day," Jay said, helping Matt clear the mess.

Ally went ahead to hug Chase and said, "Not only yours. It ruins all of our day."

"Tell me about it," I sighed.

Noah, as usual, was late again. We heard commentor on the TV declare the entrance of both the teams so all of us quickly took our places. Scar sat on the couch above me, her hand playing with my hair and Jay beside her. Chase and Ally sat beside Matt and me. Matt moved closer to me and put his hand around my shoulder. 

"Their apartment is so awesome, right?" I agreed with him by nodding my head. He looked down at me and spoke again. "Maybe we should get one. We could even start a TV series about two cool best friends sharing an apartment," Matt beamed at me excitedly.