Phosphenes

Phosphenes; the light and colors produced by rubbing your eyes.

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - F I V E

"No way, you're definitely not!" I scoffed.

"Yes, yes, I am," he said and gave me a smug smile.

"What?" My eyes went wide, and I let out a frustrated sigh. "But why?"

"Well, Scar is staying over at my apartment, and I'm not particularly fond of torturing my ears with," he paused for a second and cringed, "those sounds," he uncomfortably completed.

"But she's stayed over before as well, so why now?" 

"I stayed over at Tiff's room before, but she's back now," he shrugged his shoulders.

Oh God, this wasn't happening. 

I kept the plate of Mac&Cheese on the bedside table and stood up. "So? I don't care! Find some other place," I replied.

"That's what I did. I found another one," he pointed at Scar's neatly made bed.

"Okay, then find another one because there's no way, this," I pointed to her bed as well, "is happening. It's my room, and I'm not letting you stay."

Ten thousand things could go wrong if he stayed here and I had already had enough for tonight.

"It's as much as Scar's room as yours, and she's okay with so, I'm staying here for tonight," he smiled sweetly at me in sarcasm. He seemed so casual as if he did this every night, and I was super annoyed by now.

"Dude, why are you so hell-bent on staying here?" I frowned.

"I wasn't. Until I saw how much it annoys you and now there's no way I'm leaving," he smirked at me and jumped onto Scar's bed. 

I rolled my eyes and decided to talk him out of it even though I knew ultimately it wasn't going to work. Just as I sat down on my bed to talk to him, he picked up my plate of Mac&Cheese. That did it alright. "Okay, you barge into my room that's one thing but touching my food, you don't wanna do that, Parker," I threatened calmly.

"Oh please, you're upset that's why you're eating Mac&Cheese, you don't even like it," I was fairly surprised with the fact that he knew that because I'm pretty sure I never mentioned it to anybody at all.

He took a forkful of it and passed me the paper bag that he was holding since he came. I raised my eyebrows at him. "What the hell is this?"

He blew out a deep breath and faced me after keeping the plate down. His green eyes were ornamenting the dimly lit atmosphere of the room. He scratched the back of his head and gave me a small smile. "I know how it feels when people keep talking about that one thing that you're really sensitive towards because I've been through it loads of times," he caught my hands, and his fingers traced my knuckles as he continued. "And after you left, I realized I did the same to you with the whole Cassie and med school thing, and I should've stopped when you told me to."

Before I could say anything, he went on. "Then I remembered how lovingly you were staring at my cheeseburgers the other day, so I figured, what better way to apologize?" he said, flashing me a heartbreaking smile and concentrating his attention back on the Mac&Cheese.

I couldn't believe he had actually done something so thoughtful. Noah Parker never makes efforts and a stupid smile instantly made its way to my face knowing he made an effort, for me. I turned my sight to the lovely boy sitting in front of me. "So you're never actually going to say sorry?" I asked jokingly.

The sound of his laughter enveloped the room. "That's the best you're gonna get. Take it or leave it, Lewis."

He took my laptop from my bed and seemed disgusted at the screen. "How did you know I was upset anyway and that I eat Mac&Cheese when I'm?"