Loquacious

Loquacious; talking or tending to talk much; speaking freely.

C H A P T E R    F I F T Y 

Was it possible that Chris was right? That it was this incapacitating fear of mine that was holding me back from acknowledging what I truly felt for Noah?

This was all I could think about for the past two days since Chris had boggled my mind with his dumbass explanation. My brain has busied itself so much in finding out whether it was true or not that it had successfully wrecked my sleep. I finally managed to put myself to sleep, and the alarm rang.

What an absolute bitch.

I groaned and got up to switch it off, ready to fall back into slumber, but I couldn't do so. As soon as I switched off my alarm, I saw that Noah had texted me like a minute ago. 

Noah: Sydneyyyyyyyyy

Noah: YOU NEED TO GET HERE RN

Worry clouded my mind upon reading his texts, and I dialed his number, sincerely hoping that everything was alright with him. He picked up on the second ring. "Noah? What happened? Are you fine? And were you seriously attempting to wake me up at six in the morning with texts?" I went on, not giving him a chance to speak.

"No, everything is not okay. And yeah, I realized right after I sent those texts, I was about to call you, and you called instead. How did you manage to wake up?" he replied in his raspy and deep morning voice.

"That's not important. Now, would you please tell me what happened?" I pleaded.

I heard him sigh on the other side of the line. "I have no hoodies to wear to the gym, it's so cold outside, and you stole all of mine, you thief. You need to get here with one, so I can go to the gym," he responded, and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Noah, I thought something serious happened!"

"You stealing all of my clothes is serious!" he argued.

I scoffed lightly. "Please, I only have like four or five of them. Can't you just wear any other jacket?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

"That's all I own! No, I don't want to wear a jacket. Just get here, please!" he whined, not budging.

"Okay, just borrow Jordan's for today," I suggested, knowing full well he wasn't going to agree.

"What? No. I want to wear my own clothes. Now get your ass to my apartment and get my black Under Armour hoodie," he said, and I groaned for the fifty-seventh time. "If you don't get here in the next fifteen minutes, I'm gonna make sure I wake you up at six in the morning for the next seven days, and you know, I don't give empty threats," I could literally see him smirking.

"I hate you; I hope you know that," I said, not meaning one word.

"I guarantee you that you couldn't hate me even if you wanted to," he said, proudly. 

"Kissass," I commented and cut the call as I went to get ready. I was walking towards his apartment in the next ten minutes because I love my sleep more than anything.

"Hey, you got here with a minute to spare," Noah announced as I entered his apartment with a frown on my face and threw his hoodie at him, and he managed to catch it. "Wow, so you brought one of my hoodies for me, and you're wearing one of them too? Don't you have like ten of them stacked up?" he asked, and I was busy ogling his phenomenal built. 

"I do, but they don't smell like you," I whispered to myself, and Noah immediately came up to, giving me a lingering kiss on the lips.

I had barely noticed it before since I was busy frowning, but all of that was forgotten the moment I realized that he didn't have any shirt on. Noah wasn't a gym junkie, so he wasn't very built, but he wasn't on the skinny end either; he had managed to fit perfectly in between because of his daily workouts. Not every one of his muscles was bulging out, but you could clearly recognize him as an athlete the moment you paid one glance to it. He was a work and evidence of a living piece of art; he was so effortless with each of his moves that flaunting wasn't essential.