Orenda

Orenda; a mystical force present in all people that empowers them to affect the world, or to effect change in their own lives.

C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N

You know in Tom and Jerry when Jerry pissed Tom soo bad that we would see the smoke come out of his ears? Yeah, Noah looked like the human form of the pissed animated cat at his very moment.

Everyone's fearful gasps and gulps very evidently indicated that the thing we were most afraid of had happened.

"Jordan, I said, outside. Now," he warned. His voice was terrifyingly low, and his gritted teeth caused goosebumps on my arms. I could see Jay from the corner of my eye; he wasn't a tiny bit scared, just guilty. He was clearly expecting this, whether Noah came to know of the news from him and Scar or anyone else.

Scar caught my hand as soon as Noah uttered those words. "Noah, would y--" I tried to reason with him.

His shifted his icy glare from Jay and aimed it right at my face. I clenched my jaw and gulped due to fright. "You knew about this the whole time, didn't you?" his sounded so disappointed in me that a tear almost slipped from my eye. He looked me in the eye and waited for an answer, and when I chose silence as my answer, he spoke again. "Tell me you didn't know anything about this and I won't do anything." I was clueless as to what my response should be. "Yeah, that's what I thought," he scoffed.

All this while, he didn't acknowledge Scar one bit, and that scared me the most. Scar won't be able to handle herself if everything with Noah doesn't go back to exactly the way it was.

She was about two seconds away from weeping, and Noah went over to Jay and caught him by his collar. Before any of us could even attempt to stop him, he had already dragged Jay outside. The atmosphere in the cafe had transformed into a remarkably grave one. We all immediately ran out, and Steph accompanied us.

"You." Punch "Unworthy." Punch "Piece." Punch "Of." Punch "Shit."

Chase went over to try and stop Noah, and he turned and shot Chase a sharp look. "If you're interested in having a face that's not covered in band-aids by tomorrow, you better back off, Chase." He then looked at Matt and blocked all of Matt's attempts to stop the fight with his words. "And you, you don't even think about trying to stop me, or you're gonna have it."

"Noah, listen to yourself. You sound insane right now, you need to stop," Chase yelled, coming in front of a very beaten up Jay. Scar couldn't even stand straight due to her hysteric sobs.

Noah pushed Chase. "Back the fuck off, Chase. This is between him and me," he barked at Chase and Ally pulled Chase back. Noah punched Jay again, and he fell. Jay touched his lip with his finger, only to find blood on it. Because of all the guilt, he did absolutely nothing to stop his best friend from beating the shit out of him.

Before Noah could pull Jay up again, Scar launched herself between the two boys. "Noah, that's it. Stop this bullshit right now," she cried. All of us had gathered quite a crowd by now.

"Move out of the way, Scarlett." The use of her full name caused the hair at the back of my neck to stand up, and clearly, Scar wasn't expecting it either.

"No. You know what? This was both of our faults. So why don't you take a swing at me as well, huh?" I gasped as soon as those words tumbled out of her mouth. "What more do you want? The guy is already bloodied up!"

"You know he had it coming! And don't you dare talk to me like that! Both of you broke my trust," he sounded so tired and vulnerable.

"No, we didn't do anything wrong. In fact, we probably should've done this all the way back in high school. Because, in case you failed to notice, I've liked Jordan all of these bloody years and yet," she stopped to catch her breath. "Yet, I've had to go out with all different guys because we knew there was nothing that could happen between us. All because of you." She pointed her forefinger at him as an implication of her accusation.