Hiraeth

Hiraeth; homesickness for a home you can't return to or one that never was.

C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N

I was so mad I could punch this guy right now!

The closer I walked to him, the more I realized that the smell emitting from him wasn't of tobacco. It was a skunk-like stench, and it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he was smoking weed.

Wow, this guy directly took the high way and resorted to drugs! God! I hated this.

I went up to him. His back was still facing me, making it very clear that he wasn't even in a state to realize there was someone else present here. I pulled the joint out of his hand and crushed it under the sole of my boots which effectively made him turn around with a very noticeable poor muscle movement.

"Are you still high?" I asked in annoyance as I caught hold of his shoulders.

"Hiiii to you too, precious!" he giggled and touched the tip of my nose with the tip of his index finger. He's so cute. No! Concentrate, Sydney!

The enigmatic green eyes that amazed me each and every time were now bloodshot and watery. He shuddered and pulled his leather jacket close. I'd never seen him look so lethargic. He had a beautiful smile on his face for no reason and his vision was fixed at my face. I never thought there would come a day when I'd have to say this but he smelled nasty.

"How many of these did you smoke?" I glared, pointing at my feet.

He pouted sadly at the sight of the crushed joint and mumbled something I couldn't understand since his speech was so garbled and then started laughing for no reason. He couldn't even stand straight. "Noah, can you please tr--?" I pleaded as I put one of his hand onto my shoulder to provide support to make him stand properly.

How much does this guy weigh? Jesus Christ!

I knew he wasn't getting any better this way. I stopped him from rubbing his eyes and slammed the bottle of water that I had into his hands. "Drink the whole thing. Right now."

He registered my death stare and raised one of his hands in surrender. He then opened the cap which fell down right that instant and gulped down the contents of the bottle.

He gave the empty bottle back to me and caught his head as he was spiraling. "Good. Now, run two laps of the entire field."

If I wanted him to get back to normal, I knew I had to make him to this.

He looked at me like I'd asked him to marry Matt. "Are you insane? I'm not doing that right now!"

"You should ask that question while looking in the mirror," I justified my statement by pointing at his state. "And like hell you're not," I scoffed. "I'm not letting you off the hook. Now, start running."

"Fine. Then you'll run to."

I raised my eyebrows at him. "Yeah, I don't think you're giving me a lot of choice about that."

Ten minutes later, we completed three laps stood at the same place we started from. With our hands on our hips, we couldn't stop huffing.

"You feeling a lil better now?" I asked him between breaths.

He bent down, and his palms locked down on his knees, trying to steady himself. "Yeah, a lot better actually." He then stood up, and his fingers immediately went to his temples, and he groaned in pain. "My head, ahhhhh fuck!" Good.

Now that he was back to his senses, I could finally know what's going on. "Have you completely lost it?" I shrieked as he winced.

"Would you calm down, woman?" he said, still holding his head. "I just told you my head is aching like crazy."