Selcouth

Selcouth; unfamiliar, rare, strange and yet marvelous.

C H A P T E R    S I X T Y 

Noah's POV

I couldn't decide who amongst the four of us was more shocked, Chris, that Gavin was actually here, Gavin, that I was here, Sydney, that her ex-boyfriend and her awesome, real, current boyfriend were in the same room or me, that out of all the things that could've happened to me, this was the shitty situation I was hooked up in.

All four of us just stood in our places, having no idea what to do next and Sydney broke the unconventional awkwardness by running to me and capturing me in a very tight hug. I caught her and her little body fit perfectly with mine. She snickered as her sudden movement took me by surprise and I almost lost my balance. But at that moment, all that mattered was that I had my girl in my arms.

"You're here, oh my god, you're here and you're okay, Noah! I was so worried," she whispered in my ear and I could feel the tears welling up in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry for talking to you that way babygirl," I answered her, inhaling the citrus scent of hers.

Now that I had enabled myself to realize what was happening around me, I saw that Chris had given Gavin a short hug and were catching up. Sydney broke the hug and she was about to kiss me but instead placed the kiss on my cheek when she realized that we weren't alone. 

"I told you, you'd love my surprise," Chris said to Sydney.

"Yeah, you're right. Your surprise is way better," she replied slowly and Gavin narrowed his eyes at her, jokingly.

Only after seeing him in real life did I realize that the picture of him that I had seen on Instagram did no justice to how handsome he was. He had blue eyes but his were an absolutely different shade than Chris'. They were electric and popped out and they were so striking, it would be a piece of cake for him to be impressive. Before I could make any more conclusions, he walked up to me.

"Hey, I'm Gavin, nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you," he said, a few strands of his messy blonde hair falling on his forehead as he extended his hand.

'Wish I could say the same about you,' the voice in my head prompted me to say.

Sydney was standing next to me, smiling widely and I had been taught courtesy well and even though I hated to do this, I shook his hand. "I'm Noah, I've heard a lot about you too."

"I'll leave you two alone," he said, looking at Sydney. The moment his eyes shifted to Sydney, his stare softened and his facial features relaxed. He smiled at her, the kind of smile that I recognized far too well. It was the genuine one that arose from within him and lit up his already stunning eyes and even though he had barely said two words to her, I could hear his smile in his voice. I inhaled a sharp breath as I realized something and I had never thought this day would come but I put all my hope and prayed that for once, I was wrong, for once, my assumption was false but I knew that there was a very slim chance of that happening. He still had feelings for my girl.

"Hey, you alright?" Sydney asked me and I shook away all thoughts of Gavin and smiled at her.

"Yeah, now that I've seen you, I'm okay," I told her, kissing her temple softly. "Can we maybe go to your room or something?"

"Yeah, of course, come on," she said, entwining her fingers with mine and leading me upstairs.

I saw that there were pictures up the stairs and when we reached up, I saw three adjacent rooms. The first one having a sticker of a football stuck on its door, the middle one having books and the third one music but it also had a heart next to it.