Iridescent

Iridescent; producing a display of rainbow-like colors.

C H A P T E R     F I F T E E N

I sat up on my bed to tie my hair into a ponytail, and when the door opened with an excitingly strong force, I was met with a bone-crushing hug by my roommate.

"Oh my God! I love you Scar, but you're pretty much stopping all the supply of oxygen," I managed to mutter.

She wiped her happy tears and sat on the bed. I looked at her and smiled. "So, I take it everything went well with Noah?"

She nodded. "Yeah, it did. And I know it was only because of you. He was reasonable for once," both of us laughed when she said that.

I smiled to myself feeling proud of the green-eyed boy.

I told her to go and change. It had been quite a long day, but hey, at least everything was in control now. She came out wearing my bugs bunny pajama shorts. 

Okay folks, here's how it goes. I love my friends, but I love my pajamas more. But, she had been through too much in a twenty-four-hour threshold, so I let her keep em' for the night. Of course, the other reason was, now I could steal her maroon blouse whenever I want.

She came to me before climbing into her bed and hugged me. Again. "Thank you, Syd. I have no idea what the hell life would be if you weren't here. And to think I know you from only three months," she giggled.

"Okay, Scar. Let's get this straight. You do know that I only did this so that I could emotionally blackmail you into doing my history projects, right?" I gave her a complacent smile. "Okay, enough of thanking me. You've cried enough for the week. You should get some sleep."

I switched off the lights, and we both covered ourselves with our blankets, and I turned towards her. "Which deal did you get?"

"One chance or Jordan's face doesn't see the light of the day."

I scrunched up my chin as if analyzing the deal. "Meh, I'd say it's a pretty good one."

"Uh huh. Yup, I agree."

We chuckled at our lil inside joke and fell into the long-awaited rest. My pillow, quietly bearing my head, heavy of thoughts. This time, I was sure I wouldn't have any nightmare because the feeling that followed a selfless act was inexplicable. Making someone happy felt so peaceful. I thanked the Lord once again for ruling the case in our favor and closed my eyes. 

I opened my eyes with the wish to fall back into the slumber I just woke up from but I couldn't due to my human alarm aka Scarlett. Her little blonde ponytail that was yet to reach her neck was swinging back and forth as she screamed at me to wake up. It was so amusing to see her do that. I was awake, but her eyes were closed, and she was still yelling at the supposedly sleeping me. 

"SCAR! I'm awake! For the love of God, stop yelling!" 

She gave me a big and energetic smile. "Cool, let's go!"

I rubbed my eyes and groaned. How are people so active in the morning?

After thirty minutes, I found myself in a plain pink sweatshirt with black denim shorts walking towards the cafe with Scar. As we entered, we saw Matt, Ally, and Jay in our usual spot which told me that Jay had already informed the rest of the group about the events of the night that they missed. We joined them after saying hi to Steph and placing our orders.

"So, Syd, how did you do it?" Chase asked as I sat down next to Matt.

Jay put his arm around Scar's shoulder and joined in. "Yeah, seriously, how did you do it?"