Sonder

Sonder; the realization that each passerby has a life as vivid and complex as yours.

C H A P T E R   S E V E N 

 We caught Scar and Jay making out against a tree entirely oblivious of our presence.

"Christ, they didn't waste any time, did they?" a broad smile made way to Chase's face.

"Oh, you don't know how long the indirect flirting has been going on for. I am just glad this finally happened. There was way too much -"

"Sexual tension between them? Yes, like that would get overlooked by anyone," he scoffed.

There were no other words that contained more accuracy than these for this distinct situation. We all decided it was time to return back give our body the rest that it really deserved. Everyone returned back in pieces. Me, Chase, Matt and Ally went together and Scar and Jay arrived a few minutes after us. Noah was still MIA.

Scar and I made our way into the room with the door closing behind us with a thump. I threw my purse on my bed and turned towards her. She looked at me, lightly clenched and unclenched her fists and then carried on with a very unusual expression of shyness covering her face, "So."

I looked and waited for her to continue already knowing where this was heading, "So umm.."

"Yeah, go on," I prompted.

As soon as she uttered the words, "Jordan and I," I folded my arms, arched an eyebrow and wore a smug smirk on my face which then made it very easy for her to analyze the situation and hence she proceeded further with, "You saw us kiss, didn't you?"

"Yup. Live show. Right up against the tree," I couldn't contain my happiness.

She facepalmed which allowed me to continue, "You know, you should thank us for being such terrific audience, I mean, we were quite quick on our toes because you sense things in a jiffy."

"Us? What do you mean by 'us'? Who else was with you?"

"Calm down, it was just Chase and before you even say it, no, he won't open his mouth in front of Noah although I don't think Jay will be spared."

"Oh, thank god! I think I was gonna pass out!" she sighed.

"But he will find out sooner or later, yeah?" I ventured a query.

"Yeah, well before that 'sooner or later' arrives as a punch on Jordan's face, I would like to enjoy our time together," she sighed.

"Don't worry, tell Noah when you feel the time is favoring you, yeah? Chase and I won't tell a soul," I assured her.

"Yeah, of course, you guys won't. I know that."

"Okay, enough of all this, tell me how it was," I squealed.

"It was perfect. The wait was soo long but it was absolutely worth it," she spoke so fondly of it. 

"So, are you guys like a thing now?" I wiggled my brows.

"I mean, we haven't talked about it yet, but yeah I guess," she played with the end of her cardigan, her cheeks flushing. Before I could ask her anything further, she ran to the bathroom. I got into my pyjamas and Scar's phone was ringing. When I looked for the name of the person calling her, it was saved along the lines of 'My sexy.'

I chuckled and answered the call, expecting either Jordan or some of her friend, but instead was met with a chirpy voice. "Hello, Scarlett!" I knew it was her grandmother.

"Scar is actually in the washroom, could I take a message for her?"

"And who might you be, dear?"