Dulcet

Dulcet; (especially of sound) sweet and soothing (often used ironically).

C H A P T E R    T H I R T Y - N I N E 

Sydney's POV

"S, wake up! Come on, S, will you please wake up!" I heard someone yelling and covered my ears with a pillow, groaning.

"Oh god, this girl! S, WAKE UP!" the person yelled again and it barely took me a thought to figure out who was screaming. I moved the pillow that was covering my ears along with half of my face and tried to open my eyes.

"What time is it?" I managed to speak up.

"6 AM," Noah replied. 

"What the hell are you waking me up for at six in the bloody morning?" I asked, annoyance on complete display on my face.

"The gym is closed for today due to some maintenance problem so I thought we both could go for jogging," he said, a distinct grin resting on his beautiful face.

I smiled at him sarcastically. "Noah, I swear to God, if you ever and I mean it, if you ever even try to wake me up this early for something that stupid and useless, I am going to break up with you!"

His face still held up the irresistible smile. "Babe, we both know that's not happening," he said, proudly.

"You wanna try and see?" I challenged and he raised his hands up in defense.

"Okay, fine. Don't come along. But I'm warning you, all the girls from our college are gonna be there," he nonchalantly reminded me.

"Good for you," I said and gave him a thumbs up and covered my face with the pillow again.

"Abigail's also gonna be there, but I mean you don't care, yeah? So, then it should be fine," he said dramatically.

"Okay, fine! I am up," I murmured. I was up the moment he said her name. 

Noah kissed my cheek and smirked at me. "I hope you know you're an asshole," I called after him as he went to the kitchen to fill up his bottle.

"And extremely proud of it," he answered back. 

I facepalmed myself at how annoying he was but he always somehow managed to get things done his way. Never did I see myself jogging at six in the morning when I could sleep in for two more peaceful hours but the things mean girls make you do. 

"I need to go to my dorm to get my clothes," I told Noah.

"Yeah, of course, we'll stop by."

We reached my dorm room and Noah pounced on my bed. He immediately opened the bedside table and I snorted, realizing why he was doing that.

"Charger, lip balm, a pen, a spare cover and five bucks, how interesting!" he taunted and I chuckled.

"You really think I am dumb enough to put something I don't want you to see right there?" I said, pulling out yoga pants and a tank top. I went to the washroom and quickly got changed. 

Noah was on his phone when I came out and when he saw me, he threw the phone on my bed, not caring whether it fell down or not. He came closer to me and his hands wounded my waist. His green eyes darkened as he registered my outfit and blew out a deep breath from his mouth. I bit my lip feeling utter satisfaction with my choice.

"Fuck," he whispered. "We are definitely getting you more of those pants."

"Do you have to act so horny all the time?" I swatted his chest, jokingly.

"Do you have to be so hot all the time?" he counter-questioned me.

 "I can't help it, it's natural," I said and shrugged looking at him.