Redamancy

Redamancy; an act of loving the one who loves you; a love returned in full.

C H A P T E R    F I F T Y - F I V E 

Sydney's POV

I opened my eyes and found myself around a very bland, white-walled, a well-lit room. It didn't take me more than two seconds to recognize I was in a hospital. I raised my hand to touch my head because it was exploding with pain and saw that my left wrist was attached to a drip, and there was a cast on my right arm. The nurse immediately fetched the doctor, and after he was satisfied with checking me, he opened the door and left along with the nurse.

 I turned my attention to the door as it opened once again, and Chris, Scarlett, Jay, Chase, Matt, and Will entered, and Scar looked so thankful and overjoyed like someone had gifted her an entire Prada showroom.

"How long was I out for?" I asked, struggling to keep my eyes open with so much light rushing in at one moment.

"17 weeks," Chris answered very seriously, nodding his head a little bit.

"WHAT?!" I exclaimed, trying to sit up but failing, and the heart rate monitor beeped loudly.

Scarlett slapped Chris's arm lightly, looking at him disbelievingly. "Can you calm yourself down?" she said, making me lay down properly again. "It's been twenty-four hours only."

"Asshole," I muttered to Chris under my breath, and he rolled his eyes at me and didn't bother to reply.

"Oh my god, you scared us so bad, are you okay?" she asked.

"Great question, Scar, she has a drip attached, and she looks like someone starved her for a month, does that look anything like she's okay?" Matt retorted, his voice low.

"Dickhead, you know what I meant!" Scar replied, and I tried to laugh, figuring out in the process that not only every movement but laughing also hurts.

"Yes, I'm totally fine, don't worry!" I answered and saw someone very unexpected outside. "Is that mom and dad?" I asked, trying to lift my head to see them correctly. 

"Yeah, we all got here about an hour after you practically scared the living shit out of us," Chris answered, taunting me lightly in the process. I made a mental note to ask him how the hell had he gotten here in an hour when he was in LA.

Weird as it was, I remembered each and everything that happened. How I lost the boy who I realized I love more than anything over some argument that seemed so pointless right now, how I was going to have another panic attack and how I almost killed myself in the process of stopping the panic attack.

I was prepared to deal with everyone's anger because it would be wholly justified, but the one person that my eyes yearned to see wasn't to be found anywhere at all, and my heart sort of crumbled. But I wasn't expecting my parents to be here and now that they were here, I knew I was in deep trouble. They looked like they were in a deep conversation with the doctor — a minute after, they both entered the room.

"Hey, guys, would you mind giving us a moment alone with her? You can come right back after we're done," Mom requested, meeting everyone a smile, and I sighed softly as I met her gaze. I wasn't brave enough to even look at dad, not at all ready to face his disappointment.

"Of course, you don't need to ask," Jay replied, leading Scarlett and everyone else outside while Chris stuck to his spot.

"Chris?" Mom asked, looking at him with her eyebrows raised.

He made a gesture with his hand. "What? I'm not going out; I'm a part of this family. I wanna stay here when you scold her, that's all stuff which is too good to miss," he said, not budging.