Euphoria

Euphoria; a feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness.

C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - S E V E N 

Our lips were about to meet, and this time, his phone rang. I pressed my lips together, and he closed his eyes in frustration. He took out the phone and picked it up. "What the hell do you want? Couldn't you wait for two more minutes?" he yelled.

And immediately after two seconds, "Oh hey coach, it's you! What's up?" he mouthed 'shit' to me and ran his hand back and forth in front of his throat as if telling me that he's screwed and I could not stop laughing. 

My phone rang again. It was Scar, and I knew how worried she was since I had gone AWOL so didn't waste another moment in picking her call. "Hey Scar, I'm so sorry I went off like that I didn't mean--" I got cut off by her.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, and I'm still furious about that, but for now, I've some great news!" she cheered.

"I could really use that right now! Tell me what it is!"

After she told me, both of us started screaming on the phone. I was so happy. I told Scar I was getting back this instant and cut the call and turned around to find Noah smirking at me. "So can we pick up where we left off?" he said playfully.

"Umm yeah no. We can't do that. We have to go back like RIGHT NOW!" I beamed at him.

"Yeah, I'm not leaving this place without kissing you. Nuh uh," he shrugged his shoulders like a little child.

I slapped his shoulder for being so crude. "No, we really need to go. This is important. I'll tell you on the way," I pleaded and pulled him along with his hand.

"I'm not moving until you tell me," he stood there, motionless.

This boy was going to be the death of me. I calmed myself down and spoke. "Okay, so you know that Scar had this fashion competition like thing going on in her class," he nodded, and I continued. "So, they all had to submit a few designs, and whosever is the best gets to accompany their professor to Milan for a fashion show, and Scar did it, she got selected, N," his eyes went wide, and he immediately hugged me.

"We really need to go," I whispered in his ear.

We both ran up and towards his Harley Davidson. He handed me the helmet, and the engine was revving with as much as enthusiastic as us and the next thing I know, my hair is dancing with the force of the wind. We reached Noah's apartment in another fifteen minutes, and his speed made me hold on to him for my dear life like never before. The moment the door opened, and I saw Scar, I jumped on to hug her. "I'm so proud of you, Scar!" I said.

I hugged Jay as Scar went to hug Noah. Then Jay and Noah did their classic bro hug. "Finally, staying up all the nights is worth," Jay said, looking up and raising his arms.

"You didn't even do anything, dickhead, it was all Scar," Noah slapped his head casually.

"Hey, asshole, do you know how hard it is to glue bits of different cloth materials to a paper? No? Then, shut up!" Jay answered back, and all of us laughed.

"Does everyone else know?" I asked as Noah came and stood next to me, and the smiles from Scar and Jay's faces started to fade away.

"What happened?" Noah asked.

"My professor only told me. She'll announce it officially tomorrow. But, the thing is, she's supposed to select three people and Ally submitted her designs as well. I really hope she gets selected, otherwise," concern laced Scar's face as she explained everything.