Bonus Chapter: Part Two

Balter; to dance artlessly, without particular grace or skill but usually with enjoyment.

"No, Emmy, the best couple on the show was Nate and Serena, and they should've been endgame, but somehow the directors weren't bright enough to recognize their potential," my husband stated, walking into the home we had created together. He placed the bag of art supplies in his hand down, removed his coat, and dropped his keys in the key bowl on the table. 

"No, dad, the best couple was Serena and Dan, one hundred percent, and they were right to end the show like that," my eleven-year-old daughter, Amelia, whom we'd come to call Emmy, debated. Noah crossed his hands as Emmy walked further in, carrying another bag of art supplies, managing the task with both of her hands as the bag was so huge that it hid her face from me.

Noah spoke up from behind her, making her turn. "Absolutely not; you can see that Nate truly loves her right from the beginning. You're wrong; Nate and Serena are the best."

"I knew letting you watch my show with me was a bad idea. I should've listened to my gut," Emmy said, shaking her head lightly, a small smile playing at her lips as she walked towards me now. Both of us knew exactly what Noah's response was going to be.

Noah talked about this show so much that Emmy was annoyed she had no idea who these people were and why her dad was so stupidly obsessed with them. So, she had requested us to let her watch the show, and Noah had watched each episode with her and made sure to skip every scene that was even the least bit inappropriate.

"Excuse me, your show? Sorry, sweetheart, but I've been watching this show since I was seventeen. If there's anyone who gets to stake their claim on it, that would be me," Noah retorted playfully, and his smile grew as he looked at me. 

"Can you believe this guy?" Emmy said, pointing at Noah, making me stifle a laugh. "You've been watching the show for that long, and you still can't see which couple is perfect? That's just sad, dad."

Noah walked towards us and stood next to me. "I can, and I have from day one; it's Nate and Serena."

"It's Dan and Serena."

I intervened a couple of seconds after because it looked like this deliberation wasn't going to conclude anytime soon. "You're both wrong, okay? The best couple of the show was Chuck and Blair," I said, and neither of them had anything to say because it seemed like they were busy pondering over what I just said.

"How is it that she's always right?" Emmy asked Noah, her hands gesturing and the expression on her face displaying surprise mixed with a hint of annoyance.

Noah softly placed his hand on Emmy's head as he turned to look at me. "Believe me, princess, I've been asking myself the same thing every day since I was in University." I shook my head at what he had said, failing to hide the stupidly noticeable smile that had made its way to my lips. 

"Oh my god, Mom, are you making Pasta? It smells so good," she said. "Mom, I know I'm having dinner with Grandpa tonight, but if you don't mind, could I please have some of your pasta?" she looked up at me with her big doe eyes, the ones that were hazel in hue, and were a shade lighter than her hair which her currently braided. 

"Of course you can, sweet pea," I answered, kneeling as she seized me in a hug.

"Is Ash back yet?" she asked me, and I shook my head.

"No, but he should be back very soon," I reassured her. Ashton was my firstborn, who was seventeen years old. He was called in for football practice even though it was the weekend.

"Alright, I'm gonna put all my art supplies in their proper place and pack my bag for Grandpa's place. I'll be down in a while," she asked me, picking up the bags. I nodded in response, assuring her that I was okay with it.