Belong To You (Stephen Strange)

AU Where infinity war doesn't happen but Strange still ends up as an Avenger
❤️
Take care of me
Stephen Strange hasn't been in a serious relationship in God knows how long yet he still remembers how his last relationship ended. He is scared of ruining his current relationship with the powerful yet humble sorceress Isis.

The embodiment of the goddess she named after, Isis Serpent is a master at magic, no form of it unknown or unfamiliar to her. She has black hair that is styled into a bob, the medium size braids curving slightly to frame her face. Skin a deep umber with warm undertones that seem to glow at all times. Her black eyes sparkle with intelligence and power, sitting behind her round black glasses.

Stephen loves how they seem to go together like two puzzles pieces.

Talk all day then at night fall in deep
Stimulate me

The two would sit in Stephen's quarters, sitting quietly as they read, write, and study together. The light always seems to find Isis, clear sky or not and she would glow under it. Eventually, conversation would be sparked, usually by Stephen because as much as he didn't like to admit it, he loves the sound of her voice.

They would spend hours talking, sometimes missing meals as they talk. The sun would set, the moon out with the stars twinkling and only then they seemed to notice that the day had gone by. Stephen enjoys a stimulating conversation and he always has that with Isis.

I want you mental and physically
I belong to

Stephen has never wanted anyone the way he wants (and dare he says need) Isis. She is his refuge. He finds her physical form beautiful—who wouldn't?—and while he loves being pressed to her body either in the form of cuddling, hugs or in the throws of passionate sex, he loves her mental state as well.

With her abilities and his, he's able to see and interact with her mental abilities. It's intimate and scary. Intimate because he is literally in her mind and vice versa. Scary because he is opening himself on another level. Thoughts, emotions, urges can't be hidden. They are exposed. In the open.

Stephen was scared the first time they entered each other's mind. He didn't know how she would react to it. His depression. His suicidal thoughts. His mind. He expected her to run, after all, if he was her he would run far away from his mind.

But she didn't.

Isis has instead embraced him, soothing his fears of being lonely and not enough. She embraced his dark thoughts and urges, balancing it with her own mind. Her mind is beautiful and Stephen discovered that even she had dark thoughts. If he was being honest, her dark side made his look tame.

I belong to you, you, you

Stephen knows he is fully in Isis' hold. It's dangerous. She could break him with ease if she wanted. She could break him down into a million pieces. Could make him dust and yet Stephen was willing to take that risk.

Being vulnerable was something Stephen hates but with Isis, he will be as vulnerable as a newborn. After all, isn't that what love is about? Trusting your partner with your vulnerabilities. And Stephen does.

Don't come my way
If you ain't here for love
Don't you dare stay

With Isis, Stephen learned to love himself again. Flaws and All. He learned to welcome people because one can't be with Isis and not welcome people. Isis had met the Avenges—current and rogue—and was loved by everyone.

Well almost.

The rogue with the exception of Bucky didn't trust Isis but she didn't care. She was still as kind as ever and Stephen didn't understand why.

"Why be nice?"

Isis looks at Stephen after a particularly rough meeting with the Avengers. The rogue witch, Scarlet or whatever he name is—Stephen didn't bother committing her name to memory—had attacked Isis only to have her powers put down by Isis who didn't even raise her hand. And yet, Isis was still kind, speaking in her soft, gentle yet firm voice. Stephen was ready to seal the woman's powers away but she had grabbed his hand.

"Being nice doesn't cost me anything. Using my powers also cost me nothing. Reacting the way she and the other rogues want would only benefit them."

Stephen stares at Isis before kissing her.

"One day I'll have your patience."

She chuckles as she kisses him again.

Put some time aside I set vibes in that way

Stephen makes time for Isis without her even asking. If he's being honest, she's the only person outside the sanctuary and the students who get his time and attention. Currently, he's slow dancing with her in the living room of her apartment. The sultry voice Billy Paul sings about his affair with Mrs. Jones. Stephen kisses her forehead as she smiles, nuzzling his cheek as they move slowly.

At this moment he can forget the world and his cares.

It ain't strictly physical but I know that I wanna play where you lay, so

Stephen hates that the others think that he is only with Isis just for her body. He overhears a few of the Rogue Avengers talking about her.

"what does she even see in him?" Wanda asks. "She's nothing special."

"Apparently something is special about him. It certainly isn't his hands," Clint says making them snort.

Stephen enters the room, walking over to the bookshelf just to let them know he heard but resists the urge to say something. He walks back out and heads to Isis. She looks up from the screen she is looking at.

Isis walks over to the couch in her office and sits down, opening her arms as he lays in them.

I Think you should Fuck with Me
Be the one to take me out the street

"What's wrong?"

"They were talking about us."

She is silent as she runs her fingers through her hair, one of his favourite things. He takes a deep breath as he rubs his thumb on her forearm.

"They said why would you want to be with me. That my hands..." his voice cracks as she kisses his temple. He cries quietly in her arms, the only feelings of unworthiness rising back up as he cries in her arms.

I can give you everything you need
Need you in my reach

Isis gently moves Stephen, kissing him softly as she wipes the tears away. Stephen kisses back, his steady as he holds her hands that cup his face. She kisses up to his cheeks, his eyes fluttering closed.

"You are worthy of me," Isis murmurs softly. "You have always been worthy of me. From the first day, I met you: you were worthy and the only one I wanted."

Stephen looks at her as she kisses him softly.

"You give me everything I need."

Stephen hugs her, feeling safe in her arms. Their words can't hurt him here.

You know I fall Really Really Deep
You can put your lovin' where I speak

"It's impolite to speak on a relationship you know nothing of," Isis says softly, making everyone look at her. "If you must know, Stephen and I work for reasons that are private to us. It's an intimacy that some of you will never experience."

"How would you know that?" Natasha asks with a glare.

"Because Stephen and I are not scared to fall into each other. Fall in love. Fall into trust. Fall into loyalty. You can't even show your love outside of words."

The Rogue Avengers growl, glaring at her. Isis isn't fazed by the growl and sips her tea as she looks at them.

"Next time, I won't be so polite in addressing you. Stay out of our relationship."

Isis stands as she exits the conference room, the Rogue Avengers furious as the other Avengers simply ignore them.

Baby I Belong to You

"I spoke to them."

Stephen looks at Isis who is sitting at her vanity, doing her nighttime skincare routine. He puts his book to the side as he looks at her.

"I told them to mind their business and that next time I wouldn't be as polite."

Stephen smiles as she sprays her face before standing, walking over to the bed, one knee between his legs as he holds her waist. Her silk kimono begins to fall down her arms as Stephen kisses her sternum before kissing up her neck.

She moans softly as they fall onto the bed, Stephen rolling them over as he shows her (for God knows how many times) the benefits of his shaky hands.

I belong to You

Stephen watches as Isis sleeps next to him. He holds her close, rubbing her stomach before he kisses her temple. He is so in love with her that he can't even imagine life without her anymore.

Stephen presses one last kiss to her forehead before holding her close as he dozes off.

I Belong to You, You, You