Soulmate (Michael B. Jordan)

"Here you go sir!" The barista says with a smile as the customer thanks her before walking out. Steelo notices the mark on her wrist and grabs Michael's wrist, holding it up and he blinks.

"Michael...she has your mark."

"Who?"

"Her."

Michael turns and sees the barista holding her arm out to show a toddler her mark and he blinks. It's a lionness with a crown over its head. Michael has the corresponding lion with a crown. The crowns are identical. Soulmates have marks that correspond with each other, with one element being identical between the two. Steelo and his wife have different things associated with where they are from but a French bulldog is sitting next to the picture.

"That's not possible."

"Michael she has the same crown!"

"Here are your drinks and food," the barista says as she puts the two drinks down before them along with their food.

"Uh...Tesh?"

"Teshi. Yes?"

"Can I see your mark please?"

"Sure."

She holds her wrist out and Steelo looks at Michael.

"Michael. Your wrist please."

He grumbles as he puts his wrist out and Steelo puts them side by side. Both jolt as they feel the connection and Teshi blushes as she finally realises who Michael is.

"I..."

"It's a fluke."

Teshi blinks before quietly moving her arm.

"I'm sorry. Enjoy your meal."

"Michael!" Steelo hisses. "That was rude!"

"It's the truth. A fluke. Nothing more."

Teshi clocks out, explaining to her boss why and he nods in understanding before hugging her, telling her that everything will be okay.
💔🦁❤️
"Hey! What's wrong?" LiSimba asks as soon as Teshi walks into the shared apartment.

"Found my soulmate—"

"Yes! Who is he?!"

"Doesn't matter. He rejected me."

LiSimba blinks as Teshi sighs.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I guess. I mean," Teshi sits next to her. "You just wait all your life to find your soulmate and you're told they'll accept you but when you find them, they reject you."

LiSimba hugs her, holding her friend and roommate close.

"Well, he's absolute trash for rejecting you. You are beautiful, intelligent, passionate, and just overall amazing. He is a fool for not wanting you. Fuck him."

Teshi smiles as LiSimba stands.

"Moscato or Henny?"

"Henny please. I don't want to remember anything."

She chuckles as she grabs the bottle of Henny white before returning with two shot glasses as Teshi orders food and they begin to talk and drink.
💔🦁❤️
Teshi answers the phone with a deep tired voice.

"Hello?"

"Hi! Is this Miss Teshi Quill?"

"Yes. How may I help you?"

"I'm Dante Black from Penguin Random House. I got your manuscript of "Black Horror" and I have to say: I love it."

"Wait," Teshi says sitting up right. "You do?"