Ease (Michael B. Jordan)

Ease doesn't even describe how Michael feels when he's with his girl. All the stress of the day melts away when he sees or hears his girl's voice. She's a famous psychologist, anthropologist, and writer. Not to mention, she's an amazing singer, cook, and baker. Michael has no idea why she picked him cause he had seen the men she dated and competing for her attention. One was a goddamn Prince! And she picked him.

"What's on your mind?"

Michael slowly looks over at Sekai who looks at him with warm, calm black eyes. He moves from sitting on the plush black rug and she moves the blanket over her, raising her arm as she lets Michael into her space. He sits between her legs, his head tucked under her chin, the blanket back over them as he holds her hand. He plays with the gold ring she's wearing with her birthstone. The bright blue sapphire is pear shaped and many times he's heard rumours he had proposed and he knows it due to this ring. Her free hand strokes his covered head.

"What's on your mind love?"

"Just thinking..."

"About?"

"How you had a whole prince courting you and you turned him down. And not like you turned him down for another prince but for me..."

She chuckles as she kisses his temple.

"Well, I didn't want to be a princess. My mom told you that: when I was younger I wanted to be the president."

Michael smiles.

"And I wish you would stop comparing yourself to those previous men. They were great but let's just say they couldn't handle dating an equally powerful and intelligent woman. Let alone a Black woman."

Michael smiles as he plays with her hand.

"Besides do you know how much work that would've been to be a Black Princess in a white ass country? I may have a few screws loose but not enough to do that. Bless Meghan's heart but whew: not me."

They chuckle as she kisses his temple, Michael's heart fluttering and he blushes. She smiles as she kisses his cheek.

"Now stop thinking: we're suppose to be having a chill night."

"Yes ma'am."

Sekai rolls her eyes as they relax, returning their attention to the random national geographic documentary on.
🤓
Michael feels very out of place at this award gala. This is not one of those celebrities type galas—well it is but Michael isn't the kind of celebrity here. It's all these intellects, politicians, business owners. Good lord he feels so out of place. He feels a hand on his neck and he looks to see Sekai looking at him, a soft smile on her face. He kisses her cheek.

"You okay?"

"Yeah just...I feel inadequate."

"Why?"

"Everyone here is so...smart."

"You're smart."

"Yeah but I ain't "I just wrote a groundbreaking report" smart. I ain't PhD smart."

Sekai chuckles.

"Let me tell you a secret."

Michael looks at her as she leans over to his ear.

"Some of these people are academia intelligent but ask them to do what you do, they're idiots."

Michael chuckles as she smiles.

"Everyone has intelligence that makes them a genius. I could never be an actor. Don't ask me to do it. But you: you can get up and recite a monologue with ease."