Roomies (Erik Stevens)

This was inspired by _Simba__ "Kings Dead" Chapter "roommate chronicles"! Def go and read my sis's work. Now, onward!

The lock clicks making Erik look up from the couch. His eyes lazily flicker over to the time on the cable box.

2:30 am

The door opens and closes, revealing his roommate, Ayita Leo. She ignores his presence as she removes her shoes, putting them in the proper place before walking towards the hallway that leads to the bedrooms.

"Why you coming home so late? Nigga brought you an Uber home?"

Ayita doesn't take the bait and ignores him, walking off as Erik frowns. Either she is dead tired or furious. He's going to go with furious: Ayita wouldn't even be here if she was dead tired. He follows her and peeks into her room. He's surprised that the door is even open.

"Ayita?"

The soft hum of the pipes in the walls tells Erik she's in the shower. He walks to the bathroom door, knocking. As he waits for a reply he takes in her room. If it wasn't from the fact Erik lives in the same apartment and pays rent he would swear that Ayita's room is straight out of a luxury apartment.

"Why are you in my room?"

Erik jumps as he whirls around to see blank black eyes staring at him.

"Just checking on you. You didn't say anything when you came in."

"You asked a dumb question when I came in. I'm not entertaining your bullshit at 2:45 in the morning."

Erik smirks.

"Why? Your man ain't treating you right?"

"Erik get out."

"So he isn't. He ain't fucking you properly? You're probably into that S&M shit and he's being all van—"

Erik suddenly finds the air knocked out of his lungs, pain racing through his back and his a dull throb developing in the back of his head. He looks up, eyesight slightly blurred and Ayita looking down at him.

"Get out. And I won't say it again."

Erik groans as he pushes himself to his feet. He holds the back of his head, glaring at her only to wince as the pain increases at his action.

"Bitch you gave me a concussion!"

She snorts, putting her bonnet on.

"You wish. Your head hit my rug which is fluffy as hell. You ain't get no concussion and even if you did: you deserved it."

Erik glares before leaving the room, slamming the door behind him. Ayita rolls her eyes as she locks the door. She can deal with his bullshit when she wakes up.

Or not.

Erik glares at Ayita who walks into the kitchen. She's in a black exercise set, her airpods in. Erik can hear upbeat music playing. He suspects its "soca" or whatever trash she listens to. She finishes her smoothie before leaving the apartment. He watches from the window to see her jog across the street before she disappears into the park.