Out (Chadwick Boseman & Michael B. Jordan)

Request for laurentsfavoritegirl
Themes of homophobia and gay sex ahead.
💔
Chadwick sighs as he rubs his eyes, fighting back tears. He knew this was going to happen but it didn't help that he was hoping for the best outcome even though he knew it wouldn't.

His parents were deeply religious and did not approve of Chadwick dating men. Chadwick had tried to appease his parents by trying to date Taylor but he saw the younger woman as more of a close friend than someone he saw marrying and starting a family with.

Chadwick sighs again before standing up, looking at himself in the mirror.

"We did not raise you to be like that!"

"What would your grandmother say?"

"I told you he should've gone to med school and not this damn acting!"

Chadwick shakes his head, clearing his mind of the voices of his parents before plastering a fake smile on his face as he leaves his house, headed to the next script reading.
💔
Something is off.

Michael can feel it the moment he lays eyes on Chadwick. The man looks tired--more than usual--and there is sadness in his eyes although one couldn't tell when looking at his smiling face. He frowns, staring at Chadwick.

Chadwick feels eyes on him and he glances up to see Michael staring at him. The younger man is staring at Chadwick as if he is trying to decipher something and Chadwick blushes under the scrutiny. He is so thankful for his dark brown skin because it is hiding his blush. If he was any lighter he would make a strawberry and apple jealous.

The actors and actress in the room settle down into their seats, Chadwick brushing arms with Michael as he sits. Michael looks at him before leaning close.

"You okay?" he whispers, Chadwick swallowing hard as he tries to will the very unpure thoughts that have been summoned from the depths of his subconscious.

"Yeah. Why?"

"You seem...off. You sure you okay?"

Chadwick nods, forcing a smile but he can tell the younger man isn't buying it.

"We'll talk later," Michael murmurs before leaning back in his seat, flashing a dazzling smile at Lupita who sits across from him.

Chadwick mentally groans.

He is not getting out of this conversation with Michael.
💔
"Spill."

"Can I at least remove my shoes first?" Chadwick grumbles as he enters the condo.

Michael had gotten a condo, stating that he was getting tired of the awkward nude run-ins with his parents. Chadwick suspects it more along the lines of "I don't need to know my parents still have a healthy sex life" but sure: let's blame the late-night run-ins.

"Fine."

Chadwick puts his shoes to the side as he stands, walking to the living room before dropping in the couch. Michael returns with two beers, placing them down on the black coasters.

"Spill."

Chadwick twists his lips before grabbing his beer and takes a long drink. Michael blinks. Something is definitely wrong cause Chadwick hates beer and is the last person in the world to chug it. Chadwick wipes his mouth with the back of his hand before putting the bottle back on the coaster.

"I came out to my parents and..."

Michael sees the tears forming and hugs the older man, stroking the back of his head as Chadwick sobs into his chest. Michael holds him as Chadwick cries, the pent up hurt, stress, and sadness flowing out of him.