I Got You (Erik Stevens)

Alternate Universe
Sometimes Erik has no idea how he got his girl. She is the definition of perfection. Brown skin, black eyes, hair cut short, and a nice shape. She deals with everything Erik does. From his spontaneous dates to his night terrors to his job that takes him away from her for weeks. She takes it all and still tells Erik she loves him.

Right now, Erik is sitting quietly in the cell—yes it's a nice room but it's still a cell cause Erik can't leave freely—and his thoughts drift to her again. He wonders if she's still waiting. Waiting for him to come home, kiss her anger at him being away with no call or texts before fucking her into the wee hours of the morning. He sighs.

"N'Jadaka?"

He looks up, glaring at T'Challa who refuses to call him Erik for whatever reason, and grunts.

"What?"

"Are you okay? I've been calling you for a few minutes and you didn't respond."

Erik stares at T'Challa before biting his bottom lip.

"Just thinking about my girl."

"Girl?" T'Challa parrots, sitting across from Erik.

"Yeah..." Erik murmurs, licking his lips. "I told her I would home soon...but it's not soon anymore."

"How long have you've been with her?"

"Three years."

T'Challa nods.

"What's her name?"

"Bomani."

T'Challa nods as he stands.

"Well, I'll leave you alone. You look like you want time alone."

"Yeah..."

T'Challa walks out, a plan forming in his head.
👑
Bomani King looks at the photo of her and Erik. It's one of her favourites. They had gone to her job's annual Holiday Gala and had dressed up. Erik is in a fitted burgundy three piece suit with a black dress shirt and black shoes, Locs braided back as he wore his round glasses. Bomani is in a long sleeve black gown that hugs her curve with a keyhole cut and a mock neck. She strokes Erik's face. He is looking at her like she's the only woman in the world, holding her hand as she smiles at the camera.

Erik.

Her cocky, stubborn yet attentive boyfriend. He was an ass to the world but with her, Erik was always gentle, affectionate, and tamed. It's funny cause everyone is scared of the scared, scowling man but in private the man is a kitten. She misses him. Misses his kisses. Misses his touch. Misses his deep chuckle as he listens to her rant about her days at work. She just misses him.

Bomani moves to the kitchen and flicks the light on, nearly screaming at seeing the man in her kitchen.

"My apologies!"

"Who the fuck are you?!" She roars. "Why are you in my house? And you better talk fast before I bust a cap in yo' ass!"

"My name is T'Challa and I am here on behalf of N'Jadaka."

Bomani freezes.

"How do you know that name?"

"N'Jadaka? He's my cousin."

Bomani stares at the man who stares back at her.

"N'Jadaka misses you. He is in Wakanda and on house arrest but—"

"House arrest?" She parrots before groaning. "Oh god. What did this fucker do now?! I keep telling him he can't be doing shuri he does in America elsewhere!"