Taken (Erik Stevens)

Alternate Universe
Dark themes ahead
🖤
Erik watches the woman who smiles, laughing as she hugs the other man who kisses her forehead. The woman has short blonde hair, warm chestnut brown skin, round gold glasses, and black eyes. She's curvy and thick, a nice shape to add to the nice personality. He bites his lip as the woman accepts another kiss, fighting the simmering anger that fills him. She is his. Only he can kiss her like that. Make her smile like that.

His.

She was supposed to be his. Supposed to be his girl forever. She promised.

Promise.

Erik forces a laugh as he remembers the promise that they made. They had gone on a mini-vacation, spending time in a cabin in the woods of the Catskills. They were sitting in front of the fireplace, blankets wrapped around them, mugs of hot chocolate, and soft music playing as they cuddled together.

"I wish we could stay like this," she whispered, fingers in his hair. "Just us."

"We can do this every weekend," Erik replied. "Anytime you want."

She smiled, kissing his forehead as she nuzzled his temple.

"I love you."

"I love you too babe. Promise me you'll always be with me?"

"Promise."

"Pinky swear."

She laughed but curled her pinky around his, kissing it as they resumed cuddling, talking quietly.

Erik is drawn from the memory at hearing her name being called.

"Nicki!"

He watches as she turns, smiling as the man rushes back over to her and kisses her one last time, hugging her before rushing off to catch his train. She walks out the train station, Erik standing as he follows her. He follows her from afar, not wanting her to notice him as he follows her on the familiar path back to her apartment. He watches as she pauses to talk to a neighbour, the older woman smiling at her as they have a conversation before she unlocks the door and heads inside. Erik fingers the cool metal of the lone key in his pocket.

He won't talk to her now. Not now. Later.
🖤
Nikita can't help but feel on edge. She has no idea what is causing this feeling but she just feels like someone is watching her. She looks out her window and sees the sun is setting, the sky painted in hues of purple, orange, red, and yellow. Her phone dings and she sees it's a text from Bucky.

I made it back home. I'll call you after I shower.

She smiles as she texts him back, moving from the window as she walks towards the kitchen. Her stomach grumbles and she rubs it.

"I know I know: I need to eat. What do I have?"

Nikita rummages through the cabinet, humming as she looks at what she has. In a throwback to her undergraduate days, Nikita decides that having a pack of ramen noodles sounds wonderful (it really isn't but she has no desire to go through the whole cooking process). She had just put the water to boil when her phone dings. Nikita looks at her phone, frowning at the unknown number that appears on her screen. She unlocks her phone, reading the message. Her eyes widen in shock and fear as she looks around frantically.

I see you.

Her breathing picks up as she hears the "swoosh" indicating the next message that came through.

Your water is boiling.

Nikita looks back at her pot to see that indeed her water is boiling. She swallows. Maybe it's just a coincidence. Her shades are drawn, curtains closed. There's no way anyone could be watching her.