Soul (Michael B. Jordan)

At the age of 16 years old, on one's wrist appears their soulmate mark. It can be anything but there is one characteristic of the marks that make it unique to each couple. For example, Michael's friend, Steelo, shares the unique symbol of a French bulldog with his mate. Michael often wonders when he will find his. He's not getting any younger and he's starting to get lonely. All his friends have found their mates and he is just there: single, alone, and fucking anything that moves.

"Cheer up Michael," Steelo chirps with a smile as the two friends are out for a bite. "You're going to find your mate soon."

"I know but...It just sucks seeing all of you with your mates and I'm just here. Alone."

Steelo gives a small smile as he pats his hand.

"Promise your mate is a lot closer than you think. Just have to be a little patient."

Michael pouts before looking up at hearing a voice. He looks for the owner before spotting him. He's tall, at least 6'4", with short locs and an undercut to it. He's in black fitted slacks with a white polo on and round gold glasses that complement his skin tone. An earring of an ankh is hanging from one ear. He's laughing at something now before glancing over. Michael and he lock eyes, Brown meeting Black. He smiles and Michael feels his heart speed up as the butterflies in his stomach came alive. Steelo notices and smiles.

"He's handsome."

"Steelo..."

"Oh yeah, I forgot: you're straight. Pussy only."

Michael blushes as he looks away from the man who has licked his lips now and looks back at Steelo.

"Not to get your panties in a twist but, Mr. Steal Yo Girl is on his way over."

Michael looks up just as the man arrives. He smiles and holds his hand out.

"Asrani."

Michael bites his lip before reaching out, taking his hand. They both jump as they feel the jolt run through them. Asrani turns Michael's hand over, revealing his wrist. There's a minimalist peacock that both men share but Michael's peacock is with the two theater masks and Asrani has the symbol of psychology. Michael licks his lips before snatching his hand away.

"No..." he murmurs making Steelo and Asrani blink. "No!"

"No what?" Asrani asks, looking at Michael with concerned, confused black eyes. Michael shakes his head as he pushes his chair back, quickly standing and walking off. Both men watch in shock as he leaves. Steelo curses as he drops three hundred dollar bills on the table.

"Did I--?"

"No, you didn't do anything. He's an idiot."

Asrani nods as Steelo groans.

"Give me your number. I'm sure when he calms down he'll want to talk."

Asrani obeys, typing his number into his phone before Steelo leaves, grabbing his friend who is damn near having an anxiety attack. Asrani watches before rejoining his friends. He pushes the look of panic on Michael's face as he rejoins the banter.

"You know there are going to be consequences for rejecting him."

"He can't be my mate! He can't! I like women!"

"Okay, but the universe said that your mate will be a man."

"That's not fair!"

"Life isn't fair Michael."

"Steelo!"

"I'm serious Michael. You've been complaining and moaning that you couldn't find your mate and now you do and you don't want them?"