21st

Park Mina

Today is the day our professor will announce who will be participating in the waltz. Its a fact that i have a low average in physical education because im literally the worst in it.

Jisung and chenle are good in sports even sohyun, im getting nervous i dont want to be the only one who will participate in this class.

Haechan arrived in a little late than usual. I felt guilty yesterday i shouldnt have avoided him. I guess he's still mad? I tried to approach him yesterday by asking him to buy me a soda, he would usually tease me before granting any of my request, But yesterday he seemed upset at me and he kept glaring at jaemin.

I gathered up my courage and talked to him.

"Hey." I sat infront of him.

"Hey." He replied and kept looking at his phone

"Are you mad at me?"

"Nope."

"Look, im sorry." I tapped his table to get his attention.

"What for?" He still wasnt looking at me.

"Im sorry i ignored you." He looked up

"Why did you?"

"Well i got confused and listened to renjun. I put our friendship aside and it was very wrong of me."

"Good. I forgive you but dont do it again, even if it was sohyun who told you, dont let any person decide whats good for you."

"Arent you going to apologize too?"

"What did i do?" He laughed.

"You jerk." I crossed my arms.

"Oh right. Im sorry i didnt buy you a soda."

"Yah! Im not that petty. Its not about the soda." I lowered my voice since i remembered how hurt i was. I looked away since i dont want to seem overly dramatic.

I felt haechan hugged me.

"Im sorry that i was rude to you." I hugged him back.

"I dont want to be so sensitive but you really brushed me off and i was embarrassed, it felt like you were mad at me." He hugged me tighter.

"Im sorry. I just. I wasnt mad at you."

Renjun knocked at the open door.

"Sorry to disturb you,but have you seen jaemin?"  I let go of haechan and walked up to renjun.

"No, is there something wrong?" Renjun looked at haechan.

"I just thought he was here since he said he was going to ask you something."

"I didnt see him come by."

"You were too busy i guess." He looked at me and haechan.

"It was a friendly hug." I made a blank face at him since i know what he was trying to point out.

"You dont have to tell me. Ill go look for jaemin." Renjun left.

"Hey, im going to look for jaemin too, do you wanna come?" I asked haechan.

"Is he a lost cat? Why would i look for him." Haechan took his phone again.

"Maybe he needs help? Renjun said he wanted to ask me something."

"Like he said, jaemin wants to ask YOU something."

"Ill be back."

I looked for jaemin in the hallways, what was he going to ask me, maybe it was something important.  I walked back to our classroom since i got exhausted. i should just ask him later at lunch.

It came across my mind that haechan and renjun didnt greet each other. Whats wrong with them?

When i came back everyone was in their seats.

"Where have you been?" Sohyun gestured me to hurry up.

"Sorry i was looking for jaemin." I sat down and just in time ms.nam arrived.

"I got the list of those who will be participating. Once i call your name you will report to the gymnasium."

" Ms. Bae sunhye, Park Mina and Mr.Lee donghyuck."

"What? Im only a few minutes late in physical education?"

"It says here you are ALWAYS late." Haechan sat down and sulked.

I forgot sunhye and i are the weak ones in physical education. The three of us went to the gymnasium. I found myself in an awkward situation since sunhye and haechan had a past.

When we arrived at the gymnasium there were At least more than 10 people. They were all in the same year.

"Haechan!" Lucas ran up to haechan.

"What are you doing here man?"

"Yeah i skipped physical education most of the time. Mina youre here too?" He gave me a high five.

"Everybody gather around!" The coach yelled.

I felt someone pulled my arm.

"Hey, im sorry i know we arent close enough but can i ask you a favor?" Sunhye explained.

"Sure, what do you need?"

"Well i dont know anyone other than you and haechan. I know that you and haechan are friends, and you seem to be close with lucas too and im not. Is it okay with you if i partner up with haechan?"

I actually wanted to partner up with haechan since were both comfortable with each other and lucas, i didnt know he would be here and if i partnered up with him i know we wont do anything seriously.

"Sure if that would make you feel better." I smiled and she hugged me.

"Thanks. Dont worry were over it."
I furrowed my eyebrows, what was she trying to say?

"Everyone go to your partner i want the boys and girls in different lines."

I walked up to lucas and sunhye made her way to haechan.

"Mina what are you doing here?" Lucas asked.

"Will you be my dance partner?"

"Id be honored but wheres haechan though?" I pointed at the other side.

"Oh back with the past i see." He laughed.

I just shrugged. Haechan mouthed me asking whats going on, I just gave him a peace sign.

I hate dancing. The coach told us everything we would be doing and our scheduled practice. Its 3 times a week for 2 hours, during Friday's our practice will be done after class which means we would be going home late. Well thank you physical education for picking me.

____________________________________________