24th

Park Mina

Weeks have passed. And we only have 4 days left before the masquerade ball, and i still dont have anything to wear yet. Sohyun already bought hers even sunhye so i dont have anyone to help me pick any dress.

We've finished the whole song for the waltz were just cleaning and making every step and movements perfect. It would be our last day of practice today since the choreographer wanted us to have a rest and also to give us time to prepare for D-day.

There's this part of the dance that we will switch partners in circular pattern. I ended up having lucas,dowoon,sanha and lastly haechan. He would be the one to spin me back to lucas, everytime i would end up in his arms it turns awkward. Ever since sunhye asked for my help ive been limiting my time with haechan almost avoiding him actually.

As i was waltzing my way to haechan i become serious. When im with dowoon we would smile at each other and sanha he would keep teasing me and wouldn't even let me go sometimes.

"Mina." Haechan stared at me intensely.

I just hummed and looked everywhere except him.

"Why are you like this? Why do you keep avoiding me?" He asked almost looking sad.

"Haechan. Its time to spin me back." As i said that he let go of me.

I couldnt answer him. Actually i missed hanging out with him since its been more than 2 weeks since i last hanged out with him.

..........

We finished practicing and were now resting in the school field its been so long since me and sohyun relaxed here.

"Mina, be honest with me." Sohyun looked at me.

I nodded and opened my eyes and sat up since i was lying down on sohyun's lap. I sat beside her leaning my back against the tree.

"Are you really going to the ball with jisung and chenle?" She asked me in disbelief.

"I am. I love those two idiots and i know i would really enjoy the night with them."

"But what if you couldnt have them, who would you pick?"

I stopped and processed what she said. I actually never thought of it. I was sure of the idea having jisung and chenle with me. Sohyun snapped her fingers signalling me to answer her.

"Then i would have anyone who would ask me to be their date." I replied

"Okay, what if renjun, jaemin, haechan, and mark asked you to be their date?"

"Mark? Youre kidding right?"

"Lets not add mark then."

"Renjun,would never ask me out. Jaemin, he would probably owe a lot of dances to other girls since he's too kind and haechan. He has sunhye already."

"If you could choose between jaemin and haechan who would you choose?" Sohyun just really wants me to choose does she?

"None. What about you? Do you have a date already?"

"Yes i do." She smiled.

"Mark?" I asked

"No, he didnt ask me out and i dont care about it. I like someone else now and he's my date in the ball." She blushed.

"Who?" I asked and she looked at me with excitement.

"You probably wont believe me but its jeno." She squealed.

"What? You liar. You never told me he asked you out." I pushed her.

"Well its because i thought he wasnt serious. He actually asked me the day our professors were having a meeting about the ball. Remeber that day?" I nodded. "He actually went to me and told me about it in advance he said he knew about it since he's close with the principal."

"That is so cute. So tell me how did he ask you?" I said while giggling.

"Well he said he wanted to ask me before someone else does, i thought he was messing with me so i didnt believe him. He would always bug me about it since he knew that winwin and dowoon was asking me out as well. Then last week he actually followed me home and before i got in my house he stopped me. He brought me a single rose and asked me sincerely and in that moment i knew he was serious."

"Okay so to sum it all up. You didnt tell me because you werent sure, But oh well im sooooo happy for you." I hugged her.

"And i want to be happy for you as well." She looked sad.

"Hey im happy as i am now and that should make you happy." I cupped her face.

"I just want you to meet your prince charming. I dont want you to be so lonely." She hugged me.

"I would but in the right time."

"Youve got to promise me you'll look stunning on that day okay?" I nodded.

"Hey sohyun. Can i borrow mina for a sec?" Haechan suddenly appeared.

I got up and sohyun left.

"Yah. Wont you even look at me?" Haechan raised his voice.

"What do you want haechan?"

"I want you to stop avoiding me." He reasoned.

"Im not avoiding you." I lied making him scoff.

"Stop lying to me! And tell me whats going on. Is it because of renjun Or jaemin? Did i do something wrong."

"What? No, youre just paranoid haechan." I walked away but he grabbed my wrist.

"Why wont you tell me? Why are you so hard headed?"

"Let go haechan, youre over reacting." I was removing his hand but he kept it tighter.

"Not until you tell me why do you want to avoid me? Why do you want to stay away from me?"

"Its not like i want too!" I pause and realised what i just said.

"What?" He let go of me.

"You shouldnt be here haechan."

"Then where should i be? With sunhye? Is that what youre trying to say? Is that what you want?"

"I told you its not like i want to stay away from you. I want you to be happy and i know sunhye will make you happy."

"Who are you to know what will make me happy? Are you helping her out since thats what you think?"

"Yes i am. So dont get mad at me since im doing it for you because im your friend."

"What right do you have to decide what would make me happy?" He lowered his voice

I was speechless. I looked down and my tears suddenly fell. I heard our friends approaching.

"Whats going on here?" Mark asked.

"Mina are you okay?" Sohyun asked.

........