37th

Park Mina

Jaehyun and eonnie stayed over last night and went home after breakfast. Jaehyun hasn't changed much he still loves high school musical.

I made up my mind to go to school early as possible and just come in class before it starts, to avoid unnecessary questions from other people.

The clouds were really dark and the rain poured nonstop good thing jaehyun and eonnie left early. I decided to just spend my last hours by just snuggling in my window with a comforter around me.

I watched as the rain runs down to my window, im not fond of rain i admit it. It makes me feel gloomy. My eyes then wandered around my room, a box underneath my bed caught my attention. I stooped down and reached for it, the box were filled with stuff and letters. Most of them were from my friends, or from my family, and some stuff from my friends when we graduated. There were pictures of me, my family and friends. And jungwoo and me.

I still remember how we met.

He was jaehyun's new friend back then, I was still living with jaehyun when we first saw each other. No spark or bells were heard, for me.

Flashback

"Jaehyun oppa! Aunt is asking for you she's in the basement." I yelled as i walked up in the living room. I didnt notice that his friends were there with him.

"Okay be there in a sec." jaehyun stood up leaving his friends and walked towards me.

"Why didnt you tell me they were coming over? I couldve just stayed inside my room or dressed normally."

"I didnt know either. Whats wrong with this?" He pointed at my clothes.

I gave him an annoyed 'really?' Look. He chuckled.

"Can you get them the orange juice in the fridge? I think there's still left." Jaehyun said as he walked away.

I had no choice but to do it, even though i wanted to change first i couldnt since, jaehyun would be disappointed if i prioritize my looks before the guests. I went to the kitchen and took the glasses and orange juice. I sighed as i looked down on my oversized Elmo dress, i used to have a collection of sesame street but i gave it away since they didnt fit me anymore.

I went to the living room and served them the orange juice.

"Nice dress mina." Johnny teased. I just gave him a fake laugh this is an insult coming from a fashion king.

"Don't listen to him. Thanks for the juice." Taeyong smiled at me, always the good mannered guy.

"Hi mina, you look different today." Yuta greeted flashing me his healing smile. Different coz i always dress normally when they're around.

"Oh right you havent met our new friend." Johnny stood up and pointed to the floor, i didnt notice that there was someone sitting.

"Hi, Im jungwoo." He smiled shyly.

"Im mina, sorry i didnt notice."

"I see you have met the new recruit." Jaehyun came back.

"Yeah, you should get another glass for yourself by the way. I gave yours to jungwoo." I lowered my voice and he nodded.

"Thanks."

"Have fun you guys." I bowed and left the room."

Flashback ended.

Jaehyun's friends were always there back then. Jungwoo would sometimes feel left out whenever the four boys would be too engrossed in playing around, and thats how me and jungwoo got close.

He once stayed behind and i felt bad for him so i tried to talk to him after that he would come to the house and always ask jaehyun for me. It was weird at first but i got used to it and it was fine with me since i get along well with the boys. Time came that he confessed to me of course he asked jaehyun for permission, i was kinda shocked he said yes but it was probably coz he wasn't that close to jungwoo, if it were yuta or taeyong that would like me im sure my cousin wouldnt think twice to scold them. Guys are like that, its a bro code that families are off limits.

So we only had 2 dates, it was summer then before school started, jungwoo became different. It was true that he was the first friend that came in my house when i just moved in, in fact he stopped pursuing or courting me whatever you call it, in my house. He said that he wasnt ready all of a sudden and that he wants to follow his dreams without any distractions. He was actually auditioning for a company that time, we decided to be friends or so we thought. Then a year passed it was like we never met.

I missed jungwoo as a friend only. I didn't hold grudges like i said he was reasonable. Of course i was sad but i accepted it but i didnt think it was necessary for us to be friends after that, we all know that its a lie when a guy or girl says we can still be friends.

I shaked my thoughts away and put the box back to where it came from. I went down to the kitchen and drank a lot of water, i saw the flowers again it was starting to wilt.

What was jaemin thinking? I mean there are lots of girls who deserves him rather than me, im not being ungrateful i just really dont think we can be anything more and i dont want to hurt jaemin ever he's so precious that id hate it if i ended up hurting him.

Who am i to deserve all of this attention right? Im not that pretty and cool or talented. Jungwoo would've looked good with sunhye if she wasn't already with haechan, i would definitely make them happen. I wonder how they're doing they aren't that showy at school. Sunhye must be so happy right now and Sohyun is for sure the happiest girl.

_______________