34th

Park Mina

I was really uncomfortable with the situation earlier. I didnt bother to talk to sohyun and the others after that. I just want peace for now.

I took a deep breath and enjoyed the music and the cold wind blowing on my skin as i walk home.

I felt someone tapping my shoulder i turned around to see haechan.

"Hey whats up?" I asked and continued walking.

"Im sorry for earlier, i didnt mean to make you leave." He says as i saw guilt in his eyes.

"No its okay. Its no big deal i just felt awkward with me being the topic for lunch." I laughed he just nodded.

"So where's sunhye? Does she know youre with me?"

"She went home with her friends. I dont have to tell her everything."

"Do it your way i guess." I answered.

"Arent you supposed to be with jaemin right now?" He asked making me realize that i totally forgot about it.

"Ooh im such a dumbass, i have to hurry home, he's probably waiting for me at the mall. Be careful on your way home!" I said as i ran.

Jaemin must be waiting for me, would he be there already? I mean we just got home right? Maybe he's still in his house since he hasnt called yet. I totally forgot about him if it wasn't for haechan.

After being in a rush jaemin texted me to meet him at the playground where we first talked. It was odd since that would make us farther from the mall. I was in no position to argue since i made him wait.

It was already dark when I went there the sun has already set. I made my way to jaemin as i saw his back facing me standing beside the swing that we sat on.

He faced me with a smile on his face, his skin looked pale and his cold breath showed as he breathes in the dim light of the playground. He was carrying a bouquet of roses.

"Sorry for making you wait. You look cold." I sat in the swing.

"Its fine." He sat beside me.

"Whats with the flowers? You giving it to your mom?" I laughed.

"No, actually its for someone really beautiful."  He says not making eye contact with me. I didnt know he adores someone.

"So your mom isnt beautiful? I better tell your mom that." I replied, its getting cold so i put my hands in the side pocket of my coat.

"You know what i mean." He laughed.

"Jaemin what are we doing here?" I cant help but to ask already.

"Were not going to the mall actually. But you seem cold would you like to go to a cafe first?" I nodded.

We sat down at the corner table, we both ordered hot chocolate, we werent in the mood for coffee i guess.

"Are you gonna carry that around? Thats gonna wilt jaemin you should've given it first before you meet up with me."

"Just say it if you want it." He handed it to me.

"Yah i wasnt asking for it." I pushed it away from me.

"I know.. this brings back memories huh?"

"Youre right. Its actually nicer here at night. So what are you planning?"

"Well i plan to give you this first." He handed me the rose again.

"Are you serious?" He nodded he looked at me with sincerity so i took it. "Thanks, whats it for?"

Yeah im playing dumb but i dont want to make assumptions it could be a friendly gesture or maybe he wants me to give it to someone for him since, if i remember it correctly i was here because i owe him a favour.

"Youre that someone beautiful."

Speechless and frozen. He waved his hands at me checking if im still alive.

"Well uhm. Thank you."

"Guess you really are oblivious in this kind of things mina." I just stared at him not knowing how to answer.

"So here it goes, i need you to do me a favour and that is not to talk unless im finished or i told you so. Oh and also you cant run away okay?"

"Why would i...." he eyed me and i stopped talking.

"Im confessing to you Park Mina."

My eyes widen at what he just said, my feet were itching to stand up but i stopped myself and tried my best to keep still and listen. He took a deep breath and continued to talk.

"I can see that youre uncomfortable with what im doing but i just really want to tell you how i feel. I wasnt planning on falling for you, i didnt even know it was happening. I really wanted to be your friend at first, I wanted to know you and be there for you as a friend but things just didnt work the way i thought. the second i found out i was deep in love with you. It sounds cliché i know but its the truth. I just cant stand it anymore not knowing where you are, not seeing you or if youre okay. I get jealous of other guys when theyre with you and its nuts."  He took a deep breath and sighed.

Everything was processing in my head, im really moved by his speech but i just dont know what to do with it. I want to ask a question but i cant since i have to let him finish and actually i dont know what to say.

"I know mina that you dont date friends and i was quite hurt and afraid the moment you said that, i dont even know if i should ask for a chance when i know it for myself, but i dont want to regret anything mina. Being your friend is the ultimate last choice ill ever choose, but for now i want to take a step closer to your heart and i hope you'll let me."

I was looking down now what should i tell him? How could i tell him?

"Mina? You can speak now please." He chuckled.

"Well that was a lot to take in jaemin. Im really flattered by everything you just said. Honestly speaking you really have it all and im not telling you this to make you feel better."

"So?"

"Well im just not ready yet. And i dont want to lead you on. Im sorry but i dont feel the same way, Im sorry for being so blunt." I looked down again.

"I knew you would say that. So im offering you a deal let me be your suitor for 2 weeks and a day."

Again i was dumbfounded.

"Well its not a deal actually im doing it no matter what you say. I wanted it to be a month but i know you would object on it, so its 2 weeks and the one day is for your decision. Ill try my best to make you fall for me Park Mina." He smiled.

"Jaemin i dont want to hurt you."

"This is all on me mina. Lets get you home its getting late." He stood up and took his coat.

What am i supposed to do now?