Chapter : One

Under the sun, two young boys sat on the grassy fields of a small town. Admiring the green scenery, the wind hitting their faces gently.

The beginning of spring bloomed the flowers around them. The wild life stepped out of hibernation to soak the warm light after the cold, dark winter before.

The beginning of life.

Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung have grown up to watch this change over the years, as well as their everlasting friendship. They never left each other sides not even for a day. Taehyung was a young farmer born into the small town. On the other hand, Jeon Jungkook moved here when he was just a baby from the city. Born into a well-off business family.

They both spent their time on the sunflower fields of a town called the farms. A town on the hills of the countryside South Korea. The only place they both knew and loved.

Jungkook's stepmother always forbids him from going to the farms to visit his friend. Saying that people like him don't belong in farms. Jungkook always shrugged her off. He didn't mind what pillar he and Taehyung sat on. They were still boys.

It was around the time of day when the two boys would meet for their daily hang out hours. Jungkook was the first to leave, running towards the large hill where his friend waited for him.

"Kook!" Taehyung waved down at Jungkook, who ran towards him. Jungkook couldn't hold back his wide smile.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook dashed engulfing Taehyung into a tight hug. Taehyung gripped on Jungkook as they fell on the grass, both letting out a laugh.

Taehyung sat up and grabbed a small black bag.

"My mom's friend picked these." Taehyung pulled out a plastic tray of cherries. Jungkook moved closer, taking a bite of one. The sweetness makes him close his eyes and smile. He loved cherries more than anything in this world.

"I knew you'd like them." Taehyung placed a cherry in his mouth, "How was your day?"

Jungkook pulled on the grass with his hands. "Same as always. Alone in my room." His smile slowly faded, "My father is away again, so i have to stay with our maids."

"Are they nice to you? I wonder how it feels to have maids." Taehyung looked down towards the fields of flowers.

"I loved our maids!" Jungkook smiled, "My mother hates it, but i love helping them clean out the book room and cook with them. I don't know, maybe one day I'll be a good husband, is what they tell me."

Taehyung turned to Jungkook, " Any girl would be lucky to marry you one day, friend. You are funny and kind, and my mama always tells me that being kind is the most important thing about a person."

"Today, I helped my papa at work today. He picked flowers to send out to this wedding. They were light pink and white flowers." Taehyung held a cherry to his lips. Jungkook turned to him. Taehyung was much more different than him. His life seemed so peaceful. He was much more softer than any other person he's met so far in his life. He remembered his maid telling him about boys that girls love are ones who are in touch with themselves. To learn to love living before falling in love. He is still a boy after all and still has a long way until he finds love.

One thing Jungkook knew was that Taehyung would be the best husband. The kindest one.

The boys talked a bit more until the sun began to set. They watched as the sun said her final goodbye and let the moon take over with his bright stars.

"I should start heading home." Jungkook stood up and stretched. Taehyung looked up at him. Jungkook was only a few years older than him, but Taehyung wanted to be just like him one day. Jungkook was elegant and simple. His clothes weren't torn or second-hand. His hair was always brushed, and his shoes were shinny.