Chapter : Seventeen

Taehyung looked out the window. Pulling the curtain away. The green trees turned a mix of brown, orange, and yellow. Soon they began to fall on the ground that the gardeners swept every morning. He opened the window and smelled the cold breeze. It was fall. It's been a couple of months since he began living here. After the whole situation with the clan, Taehyung became fond of them after their apologies. They often spent a lot of time together when Jungkook was away.

Taehyung made his way down the stairs and walked towards the garden. He noticed the group of men pulling dead rose bushes. "Good morning." Taehyung bowed to the men, "Mind if I help you?"

The older man stood up and bowed to Taehyung, "Good morning, and no it's alright this is our job. Either way, would you like to make suggestions on what we should plant? Mr. Jeon told us to just accommodate it to the season but we sometimes like to add plants the family would want to see."

Taehyung thought for a second, "How about some marigold's? My grandmother use to have them all over her garden when I lived with her. I think a bit of color might work around this area. Especially, since it's an area guests see most."

"You're right. I'll write that down and ask the nursery if they have some available." The man said, "Honestly, it's been a while since we've gotten a request. Back then, Jungkook's father used to want specific things for his garden and he always made sure we planted the best crops for him. He always refused to eat things that could eventually be poisoned." The man chuckled, "I guess that's why he kept us here too. I've worked for the Jeon's for fifty years and not once do I regret it. It's much different now though."

Taehyung kneeled down in front of the man, "Why?"

"Jungkook really isn't a fan of change. Every Jeon before him has added something to the house. It's always something about their character. Mr. Jeon Leesun was the one that paid attention to the garden and hired more gardeners. I was here before him, I remember when I joined I was eighteen years old. I had recently ran away from my country and now that I'm sixty eight and still enjoying my job. People think that the Jeon's overwork us but that's far from the truth. They take care of us and our well-being. Dr. Kim comes every new season to check on us and gives us the best treatment. They treat us like family, not employees." The man pulled the rose bush and threw it behind him, "Jungkook makes sure we are always okay even if we normally never see him. Sometimes we go months without seeing the boy. We all just normally assume that he stays in his other house. I'm surprised he hasn't had a big trip yet." The man sighed, cracking his hand. "Sometimes I wish he took a day off to find a partner and have kids, or to have someone. Everyone deserves to have someone wait for them at home."

Taehyung agreed, "I'm sure time will do it's thing eventually."

"So, you're here." Jungkook walked up to Taehyung.

Taehyung turned and stood up, "Good morning." He smiled, "How did you sleep?"

"I don't know how I can thank you enough. The tea has made me sleep through the nights. This is the first time in a while that I've been able to dream." He chuckled. He turned to look at the gardener, "How's the work going, Isamu?"

"It's going smoothly, big boss." The man smiled, "I just got some requests from Taehyung, he makes my job easier." Jungkook turned to look at Taehyung, "I see everyone's starting to like you more than me."

Taehyung felt his face warm up, "What?" He shook his head, "Not a chance." He let out a nervous laugh. Jungkook wrapped his arm around Taehyung, "Let's walk around."

Both men walked around the garden, Taehyung felt nervous being alone with the other. Something about Jungkook changed, his skin was bright and his eyes didn't look tired. His aura was different.