Chapter : Twenty

"Taehyung?"

"Jungkook."

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook felt his heart drop when he looked at Taehyung.

"Why are you talking to me?" Taehyung stood in front of the sink letting the water run through his hands. He wanted to be strong. Yet, Jungkook's eyes looked tired and cold. That warmth was gone. That aura that he once had was replaced with one that brought Taehyung discomfort.

"Taehyung." Jungkook took a step closer, "What are you doing here?"

"I came with my partner, but do I really owe you an explanation for anything? When the person standing next to me can't." Taehyung looked at the other through the reflection of the mirror, "And you?"

"I came with someone too." Jungkook said.

Taehyung looked away, it bothered him so much, "I see..." He grabbed a towel and dried his hands. "I see that we both have moved on from that. There is no reason for us to speak much longer." Taehyung walked past Jungkook but the other grabbed his hand.

"Taehyung." Jungkook whispered, he felt like a coward. He wanted to say so much, but only his name slipped his mouth.

"Let me go." Taehyung said in a cold tone, "I can't stand being around you." Taehyung pulled his arm away, "Move on." He said walking out of the restroom.

Jungkook stood there thinking about how Taehyung no longer wanted to be around him. This was his own fault, he was the reason Taehyung is gone. At least he is away from danger, and no longer alone.

He walked out of the restroom and looked around to see Taehyung and this so-called partner. He sat down ignoring Minseo's questions. He couldn't bare with it. He had to know more about him, he had to know who he really was. How can someone like him have what was his.

"Are you listening to me?" Minseo reached out.

"What is it?" Jungkook looked at her.

"What took you so long?"

"Was I gone for hours?" Jungkook answered in an annoyed tone. "Eat." He pointed at the woman's food. Jungkook was uncomfortable. Once he noticed them he couldn't help but to look. What was so special about him? He watched as Taehyung fed him, made him laugh, and reached out to him. He placed a piece of steak in his mouth.

Minseo noticed his behavior, "What's wrong?"

Jungkook swallowed the large piece, "Why?"

"Because you seem upset? Are you not enjoying-"

"I am, Minseo." Jungkook interrupted, "I'm happy to be here with you. Try this." Jungkook shoved a piece of steak in the woman's mouth. Minseo covered her mouth letting out a muffled laugh. Jungkook chuckled at the woman struggling to chew.

Taehyung watched the two laugh and felt a pain in his chest. Jungkook had moved on as well. Maybe there was no need for an explanation. Maybe this really was how it's supposed to be. He turned back to look at Mikei who smiled at him. His daydream was over and he felt as if the past weeks had been a blur. Taehyung felt out of touch. Finally seeing Jungkook made him remember so many emotions.

Taehyung looked over his plate of pasta only to feel his tears rush down his face.

No one noticed, no one noticed how he really felt.

Taehyung and Mikei walked out to the parking lot. Mikei noticed Taheyung's sudden mood shift. "I promise I'll take you somewhere better." Taehyung immediately looked up at him, "No! I really enjoyed it. I guess i really got stuffed on all that food we ordered."