Chapter : Twenty-One

Taehyung sat outside his porch and pondered. Had Jungkook really already met someone else too? He didn't know why it bothered him so much if Jungkook made it clear how he felt when Taehyung left. Even after that, there was still no explanation given.

He began to feel selfish because he had Mikei now, and he was all that Taehyung wanted in a person. Mikei was sweet and respectful. He was smart and had similar hobbies as Taehyung. He never hurt him nor suddenly switched how he felt. Taehyung knew that Mikei had never had a boyfriend before him. He didn't want to hurt him at all, but Jungkook was still in his mind constantly. He found himself looking up at the stars and wishing this was all just a dream. At the end of it all, Jungkook was his first and forever.

Taehyung felt his eyes blur with tears, why was it so hard to be in love? He always thought that Jungkook was the only person for him, yet he thought wrong.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung looked up at the stars, "Do you think when we get older, we'll still be together?" The young boy turned to look at his friend.

Jungkook didn't say a word, but he only smiled.

"I'll wait for you like when the stars wait for the moon, or when the birds wait for the sun. I'll wait for you even when you no longer want to be friends with me." Taehyung smiled, "You'll always be my friend."

Taehyung leaned on his knees, feeling his tears fall. Was this what heartbreak felt like? He wished it was easy to forget his face, his smile, everything about him. Why couldn't Jungkook just run after him like before. The first couple of days he returned he always walked along the road that Jungkook chased him from. Just waiting for him to appear.

"Why are you running from me?!" Taehyung stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around. Their eyes meeting once again, through the tears that fell they both looked at each other.

"Why? Why do you run?! You told me you'd wait for me?" Jungkook cried. "That was thirteen years ago...I've waited for thirteen years, Jungkook!" Taehyung yelled.

Was returning just not on his mind anymore?

Taehyung lifted his head up when a black van parked in front of his house. His heart began to race, he stood up and watched.

Taehyung waited to see Jungkook's face, but it was only the clan. He still felt so happy to see a familiar face.

"Taehyung!" The clan rushed to the other, engulfing him in a hug.

"What are you all doing here?" Taehyung asked, "How did you all know I was here?"

"Don't worry about that," Jiyong said, "We wanted to come see you before we drove to the airport."

"Airport? Where are you guys going?" Taehyung looked at them in confusion.

"We are temporarily moving to Japan until summer." Jennie hugged Taehyung, "We came to say goodbye."

"Goodbye?" Taehyung asked.

"We'll keep in touch with you. It won't be hard to find you." Dean placed his hand on Taehyung's shoulder. "Remember that no matter what happens we'll always be on your side."

"You don't have to be." Taehyung said, "I feel bad for Jungkook. You guys are his family and I can't take that from him."

"Jungkook is fine." Chaerin chuckled, "Don't be so dramatic. He is a grown adult like the rest of us. We brought you a gift." Jennie went to the back of the car and grabbed a box. The group watched as Taehyung slowly opened it.

His eyes widened, it was a journal.

"I'm still regretful for what we did to you. I just want you to know that we never would let this happen to you. You are like a brother to us and we hope that you can forgive us with this gift. We took your journal and got someone to scavenge most of it. Even though it might not be like the original, we think that this can give you some sort of comfort." Jiyong answered, he truly did feel sorry for him. He found out what happened before they met him through these pages. He would never take away something that was his fathers, like what they took from him and Jennie.