Chapter : Nine

"Is he dead?" Sehun looked down at Namjoon "I think you broke him." He looked up at Chaerin.

They have been brain washing Namjoon for eight hours straight. Namjoon lost a certain spark in his eyes. He looked broken, scary broken.

-Eight hours ago-

"What am I doing here?!" Namjoon tried to break loose. "Listen, just go along with it and you'll be set." Dean smiled at him. "What?! Let me go you sick freaks!"

Everyone gasped. "Freaks?" Jiyong looked down. "You'll get used to us, Mr. Kim."

They did many different things to Namjoon. They started off with what he looked like, they cut and dyed his hair, and stripped him of his clothes. They sprayed him with ice cold water and laughed at him as he struggled.  Namjoon tried to stand up but the others kept spraying him. The floors were concrete, so he constantly scraped his skin.    

They sat him on a chair and tied him up, forcing him to watch disgusting videos that made him shake and cry loudly. "Please! Stop this!" Namjoon tried to close his eyes, but one of them pulled them open. 

"This is your life now Mr. Kim." Chaerin said behind Namjoon, "You will see this for the rest of your life. Killing and suffering will be the only thing you strive to do. You will have no escape from this." Namjoon tried to turn away but she held his head tightly. He just wanted to go home. He missed his home. Regretted all the times he complained about getting home late, or tired from delivering all day. He wanted to smell the cinnamon candles that his mother sent him from Japan. He wanted to see Hoseok, Taehyung, or any of his friends from work. He just wanted to escape. He didn't ask for this at all.   

Eight hours later and they all faced Namjoon. He stood there dirty and shaking from the cold. 

Jennie walked up to him and cupped his face. "This is your home now." 

Namjoon just nodded. 

"You did well." Sehun put his hand on Namjoon's cold shoulder. 

"Great, now get him cleaned before Jungkook comes home."

Jungkook and Taehyung sat where they both sat thirteen years ago. The air felt different, their hearts racing, but managing to talk about what they have been up to all these years.

"So you're a criminal?" Taehyung asked "Sounds straight out of a movie." He said holding his arm, "I never expected that from you. I always thought you'd become something different."

"It's nothing like the movies, I always fear for people around me, my men, my maids, my workers, they didn't sign up to fear for their life taking care of me and my home. I work day and night taking care of what my father left me, and sometimes I can't sleep thinking one day someone will break into my home and kill me. It's a constant fear I have to overcome everyday. It's not easy at all, because one day when I die, who will take care of my family's empire? What if I die not being able to live the way I wanted too? Not being able to enjoy life like a normal person, get married, have children, and grow old with no worries." Jungkook looked down at his hands. "I want to one day know what it's like to love someone. What it's like to live and breathe without having to face death everyday."

Jungkook looked at Taehyung who was already looking at him. "Have you ever been able to love someone, Taehyung?" Taehyung froze at his question, he was still processing Jungkook's words. Still processing having the other in front of him. 

"No," He answered. "I think that my heart waits for someone." He cleared his throat, "Someone like you must have women all over you? Why don't you try? Have never found someone there that makes your heart beat."