Chapter : Five

Jin placed the coffee pot down. He didn't work today, but still decided to stay in his office. He kept thinking about what Taehyung told him. He wanted to know if it was true and it wasn't just a misunderstanding.

"Dr. Kim?" A nurse walked into the doctors room. "Dr. Jim asked if you would go to his office tomorrow. He wants you're help on a surgical analysis."

Jin took a sip from his coffee, "I guess my weekend will be filled." He chuckled, "Let him know I'll be there early in the morning."

The nurse bowed and walked out of the room. Jin covered his face with his hands. He just needed to know so badly what was going on. Jin knew Jungkook because he is their family doctor. He has always been there when something happens to him.

After Jungkook's parents died, Jin took full care of young Jungkook. He is one of the only people that Jungkook actually trusts. Jin was curious of Jungkook's side. What did he feel about Taehyung if what Taehyung said was true. Jungkook had never spoken to him about Taehyung, never bring up anything about a childhood friend. He's surprised the two might even know eachother, since they live two different lives.

Jin and Taehyung met when Jin came to visit their town. He saw Taehyung's father when he was Ill. He also cared about Taehyung like a brother. Taehyung was much more sensitive than Jungkook. He remembered crying with him when his father passed. Jin was always more fascinated with Taehyung because he was more in touch with his feelings. Even if he was man he cried like a child. On the other hand, Jungkook was tough and hard headed on the outside. Maybe that's what balanced the two.

Jin grabbed his keys and rushed out of his office.

"Where are you heading to, Doctor?!" One of the nurses followed him, handing him his briefcase.

"I'm headed to the Jeon residence. I won't be here all day!" Jin waved.

Jin parked in front of the Jeon resident. He rolled his eyes when two men with full body armor walked up to the doctor.

"You both should know who I am." Jin looked at them.

Neither of the men spoke, both still standing there with their rifles close.

Jin sighed, he took out a black badge from the pocket of his white coat. "Kim Seokjin, alias white rabbit, body broker."

"Mr. Jeon is setting up a new system. We need to keep track of the people who come and go until we have a solid record." The man grabbed his badge and matched the number id. "You're all set, sir."

Jin grabbed his badge and threw it on the passenger seat.

"Good afternoon, ladies." Jin smiled, walking into the house. All of the maids bowed at the man. "Where is Jungkook?" He asked.

"He is in his office, doctor." The maid spoke.

Jin thanked the woman and walked down the dark hall. Walking down the hall leading to Jungkook's office made him uncomfortable. He felt as if all the dead Jeon's stared at him. He paused at a framed portrait of himself and smiled, "I haven't died but I'm already sentenced."

He turned and stood in front of Jungkook's office door. He fixed his tie and knocked on the large door. There was silence before a soft, "Come in."

Jin walked in and smiled at the other man. "Jungkook, long time no see?"

"What's wrong?" Jungkook stood there. "I've seen you two days ago."

"Your loneliness was felt from my office. I thought I'd pay my favorite patient a visit." Jin sat on the cough, placing his feet on the coffee table.

"Talk to me. That face is telling me somethings bothering you."

Jungkook sat next to Jin and sighed, "I think I am lonely." He looked towards the wall. "Everything just seems to happen in a loop. I feel unloveable. I feel like I'll never find someone who make my life worth fighting for. Maybe this is a curse."

Jin looked at Jungkook. He's tie was undone and his face looked tired. His eyes lowered to a necklace the other wore. He remembered that from somewhere.

"Aren't ring necklaces a little tacky?" Jin grabbed Jungkook's necklace. Jungkook only sighed, "Tacky are the shoes you have on."

Jin rolled his eyes, "Where did you even get that thing from." Jungkook touched it, feeling the memories flow in. "When I was younger I made a promise to a dear person of mine. It became tighter over time so I put it on this cheap chain I found."

"Dear friend of yours? Who is this friend." Jin watched Jungkook tense up. "It's been thirteen years. It's not important to say a story with no ending. Taehyung is a person who I chose to keep my distance from..." Jungkook looked at Jin. "I choose to hold this promise too."

Taehyung? It all suddenly started to click in Jin's mind. "What promise?" Jin asked.

"Have you ever felt a feeling that is so hard to understand. I don't know how to explain-"

"You're in love." Jin interrupted.

"I've never been in love." Jungkook spoke. "I don't know what it's like to love someone."

"This Taehyung guy." Jin sat up, "What do you feel exactly when you see him?"

"Honestly, ever since the last time we were close, I've felt this feeling in my stomach. For the longest time, he's been the only person I can think of. Sometimes when I imagine him in front of me...these lustful thoughts in my mind grow the more I'm further from him."

"You only have sexual desires when you miss him?" Jin looked at him in shock. He began to regret his questions.

"What? No!" Jungkook shook his head. "I have no idea how to explain this but- all I want is Taehyung." Jungkook stood up,  "When I look up at the sun and it warms my skin, I feel his warmth. When I feel the breeze and when I see the stars. No matter where I am, he appears. I've honestly never been in love, but if I have to stay I was-"

Jungkook walked towards a curtain, "I'd say it's with him." He pulled it revealing a painting. Jin stood up with widen eyes. He always knew Jungkook was a painter but this was out of his imagination.

It was Taehyung. Jin looked at the painting, it was him. His features and his soft smile.

"Oh, Jungkook." Jin turned to look at the other, "You are more then in love."

Jungkook quickly placed the cover back, "I'm afraid of rejection. What if he's better off without me. I refuse to be close to him."

Jin placed his hand on Jungkook's shoulder, "The farther you go, he'll follow. Imagine how he must feel not seeing you for so long. Imagine his face when he finally sees you. Being in love is hard when you push your heart down."