8

Astrid's POV

I just landed at Frankfurt Airport after leaving from the Hannover airport, which is an hour away from Wolfsburg, so I have 1 quick flight down and one long ass flight to go.

During my long ass layover before my flight to America I text some of the girls, who are surprisingly still up at this time of day. It's 9 in the morning here in Munich so it's midnight where the team is.

As I'm eating breakfast I get a phone call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Astrid."

"Hey Hope. What's up?"

"Nothing much. Just got done talking to Kelley figured I should call the other twin."

"I was going to ask why you were up at this ridiculous hour."

"Is it not late for you?" Hope asks.

"I'm still in Germany. We had a game yesterday and we lifted the league trophy so I stayed and I'm flying out today."

"Oh how'd you do?"

"We won 5-0."

"That's good...Astrid are you staying in Germany after the World Cup?"

"I'm not staying with Wolfsburg, but I actually haven't decided on where I'll play next."

"Why not Wolfsburg?" Hope asks.

"I'm out of contract and they've already found my replacement...actually they have two. The starting German national team keeper and one of the English national team keepers."

"Where would you go then?"

"Um I have offers from PSG, Lyon, Barca, and Man City."

"Are you going to accept any of those offers?"

"At the moment probably not, I'm kinda ready to be done with everything."

"So retirement?"

"Possibly, but..."

"But?"

"I don't know if I want to come home."

"What do you mean?" Hope asks.

"Hope I have a life in Germany. I have friends, a job outside of soccer. I don't know if I can just drop all of that and move back home."

"You know if you don't Kelley won't talk to you ever again."

"Yeah...I know...I just don't know what to do."

"Just talk to Kelley about it."

"I will." I say. "Hey Hope?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I ask you something?

"Sure."

"Promise you won't get mad?"

"I promise Astrid."

"Are you ashamed to be with Kelley?"

"What? No. Astrid what the fuck? How could you ask that?"

"Why doesn't the team know you two are engaged?" I ask and Hope sighs.

"Kelley's nervous about what the team will think."

"Do you care?"

"I care about Kelley. That's it. Everybody else's opinions don't matter."

"Do you want me to talk to her about it?"