55

Astrid's POV

"Stay awake for me baby." Tobin says. "We gotta get going."

"Okay." I sleepily mumble as Tobin finishes dressing me. "Stupid early surgery."

"You can sleep later." Tobin says and intertwines our hands.

Tobin leads me out of the room and down to the lobby where we are met by the whole team.

"Hi?" I say.

"Ready to go?" Alyssa asks.

"Uh?"

"Oh we're all going." Mal says.

"Well okay then." I say then all of us pile into the vans and head off to the hospital.

Tobin is driving our van which includes Kelley, Christen, Alex, Ash, Ali, and Alyssa.

As Tobin is driving she reaches over and grabs my hand then she brings it to her lips and kisses it. She then rests my hand on her thigh before she wordlessly rubs my knuckles the rest of the way to the hospital.

"You ready?" Tobin asks after she's parked.

"I guess." I mumble then get out of the car and walk into the Hospital.

I check in at the front desk then I go sit and wait for my name to be called.

"O'HARA." Someone yells.

I along with everyone from the team get up and walk towards the door.

"Family only." The nurse says.

"They are family." I say.

"Well okay then." The nurse says with a small smile then motions us into the surgery prep area.

We follow the nurse to the large corner room and everybody files inside.

"Please put that gown on then get on the bed." The nurse says then she leaves.

I grab the gown then head to the bathroom and change out of my clothes and into the gown. I tie the gown in the back then I return to the room and lay on the bed.

"Here." Tobin says and covers me in warm blankets.

"That's nice." I mumble.

A couple minutes later the nurse come in the room and starts the IV then an anesthesiologist and my surgeon come in and explain the surgery.

"When will we be able to see her again?" I hear Kelley say.

"Around 2 pm." The surgeon dude says so I pull on Tobin's hand.

"Yes?" Tobin says.

"I love you." I sleepily mumble.

"I love you Astrid." Tobin says then she kisses my forehead.

"We're ready Doctor." A nurse says.

Everyone hugs me and one by one they leave then some nurse rolls me back to the OR which is filled with about 8 people. Once I'm where I need to be the anesthesiologists appears over me and place's a mask over my mouth and nose.

"Count back from a hundred." The anesthesiologists says.

Nah fuck that.

I'm just gonna sleep.

- - - - -

Tobin's POV

"Alright." Ali says after four hours of waiting in the waiting room. "We aren't going to be able to see Astrid for another 2 hours so why don't half of us go get something to eat then when we get back the other half goes?"