54

Astrid's POV

"So how do the scans look?" Dawn asks.

Dawn, Tobin, and I are in an LA Hospital today because the team wanted my spine to be checked after the plane ride. I had a full body CT scan done for some reason...well Dawn explained why, but I didn't really listen.

I would've had the team doctor come with me and Tobin, but I trust Dawn more even though she's a fitness coach.

"Not good I'm afraid." The doctor says.

"What?" I question.

"Your spine is fine, but when we were looking at your scans we noticed something odd." The doctor says then shows Tobin, Dawn and I the images.

"No." I whisper and squeeze Tobin's hand. "Not again."

"Is that?" Dawn questions.

"I'm so sorry." The doctor says.

"What's going on?" Tobin asks as she leans closer to the image.

"I have cancer." I mumble sadly. "And it's in my kidney's."

"Are...are you sure?" Dawn asks

"Yes ma'am." The doctor says. "I've had four other doctors look at the images and the five of us also looked at the blood test results we got from drawing out of the IV and we've all come to the same conclusion."

"What do we do?" Tobin asks.

"We believe we caught it early enough that we can remove the cancer by surgery."

"When would you do this?" Dawn asks.

"If you choose to do the surgery then we already have a surgery slot for tomorrow at 7 am." The doctor says.

"Book it." I say. "I'll do the surgery."

"Okay..." The doc says, but I tune out everything else.

Eventually Tobin and Dawn schedule everything then we leave the hospital and head back to the hotel. When we get to the hotel Tobin leads me to the team meeting room where unfortunately everyone is chilling. Once in the meeting room I remove my hand from Tobin's hand and go stand off by myself in front of a table and chairs then I rest my hands on the chair.

"FUCK." I shout then pick the chair up and slam it down on the table.

I kick over the table then grab a different chair and slam it down on then table

"DAMMIT." I scream as I shove over another table

I then shove another table over.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH." I yell.

"Stop." Tobin says and wraps her arms around me.

Basically restraining me from doing anymore damage

"Stop Astrid." Tobin whispers.

Tobin lowers us to the ground so we are laying down then she readjust her hold on me so I cuddle her into her, wrap an arm around her, bury my head in her neck, then start sobbing.

"It's okay baby." Tobin whispers as she plays with my hair. "Just let it out."

I sob into Tobin's neck for what feels like ages until I can't cry anymore and I get tired.

"Tobin what's wrong?" Kelley asks as I feel someone rub my back.

"It's not for me or Dawn to say." My girlfriend says. "Astrid will tell you guys when she's ready."