50

Astrid's POV

"Ready Boo Bear?" I ask.

"Not yet." Tobin says then she kisses me. "Okay now I am."

"Your lucky we have a game." I mumble.

"We can make out after we win."

"I'm holding you to that."

Tobin and I grab our stuff then leave our room and head down to the team meeting room. Once in the meeting room the two of us sit down and wait for the rest of the team to arrive so we can head to the stadium

Today is our final group game against the Netherlands. We qualified for the knockout stages after beating Brazil 2-0 a few days ago

Eventually everyone gets to the room so everyone then heads to the bus. Once on the bus everyone goes to their normal seats then we set off for the stadium.

Tobin and I sit in the middle of the bus in our own row while listening to music.

When we get to the stadium all of us get off and walk through the cheering fans then head into the locker room. Once in the locker room I set my stuff down then I put on my hoodie. Next I put my headphones on then I pull the hood over my headphones and grab my phone. I then walk out of the locker room and walk onto the pitch then head to the center circle before I press play and listen to my one song.

While I'm looking around the stadium I see my family sitting with the other families of the national team girls.

My family notices me and they wave at me, but I ignore them and continue looking around the stadium. When my one song ends I head back into the tunnel and make my way to the locker room. Once in the locker room I remove my headphones, grab my aqua blue undershirt and my training top, then I head to a stall to change.

After I'm changed into my undershirt and training top I walk back to my locker then sit down and tape up my hands. Once my hands are taped I wait for a little bit and eventually Kelley comes and sits in my lap. I then run my hands through her long red hair and after a minute of doing this I put my twins hair up into her signature ponytail.

Once I'm done with Kelley's hair I lean forward and rest my head on Kelley's back and listen to her heart beat as she completes our pregame routine

"Fucking hell your hands are soft." Kelley says while she massages my hands.

"It's called lotion Kels." I say.

"Alright I'm done." Kelley says minutes after she started so I wrap my arms around my twin and hug her.

"Love you Kelloggs." I say.

"Love you Strides." Kelley says.

After our hug the team heads out to stretch and warm up.

Some time later the team finishes warming up so we head back into the locker room and I change into my aqua blue keepers kit. Once everyone's dressed Jill does her speech then the starters head to the tunnel and I stand in line behind Alex.

A few minutes later we walk out of the tunnel and onto the pitch then we stand for the anthems. After the anthems finish we take a picture of the lineup then Alex goes for the coin toss. Seconds later Alex comes over and we do our team huddle then everybody runs to heads to their position and waits for the Dutch to kick off which happens a few seconds later.

"Great game Astrid." Becky says and hugs me.

"Uh thanks you too." I say.

WHAT THE FUCK.

"Nice saves Strides." Kelley says and hugs me.

"Thanks." I say then look up at the scoreboard.

Apparently we won 2-0 with Tobin and Moe getting the goals.

"Come on." Kelley says and drags me towards the locker room.

When we get to the locker room I sit in my locker ,which is next to Mal, then I listen to the postgame speech. Once we're free to do as we please I head to the showers and shower before I change into my street clothes, head to the bus, get on the bus, then I sit in Tobin and I's row and wait for my Boo Bear to arrive.

"What a game." Tobin says when she sits down.

"Yeah." I mumble.

"You okay?" Tobin asks.

"I-I don't wanna talk about it here." I say as the bus starts heading back to the Olympic Village.

"Alright...did I do something?"

"No." I instantly reply. "I promise I'll explain everything back at the hotel."

The rest of the drive is pretty silent until Jill speaks up when we approach the Olympic Village.

"Alright." Jill says after she stands up when the bus comes to a halt. "When we get back to the hotel you guys change into whatever you want then come down to the meeting room. We'll have dinner brought into the room so we can watch the Great Britain v Japan game and see who were playing in the quarter finals."

Everyone nods in acknowledgement then we file off the bus and head up to our rooms. Once in our room Tobin and I change into more comfortable clothing then we head down the hall to the team meeting room and get in line for food. After we have our food, Tobin and I sit down on one of the couches and start eating while watching the first half of the Great Britain v Japan game.

"Hey Sis." Kelley says and sits down next to me.

"Hey Kels." I say then kiss her head.

Everyone eats in silence until halftime when the highlights of our game are shown.

"Astrid?" Mal questions causing everyone to look at me.

"Baby what's wrong?" Tobin asks and wipes a tear I didn't know had fallen from my eyes.

"I can't remember today's game." I admit. "I remember the Dutch kicking off then the rest I can't remember until Becky told me good game after the game ended."

"Shit." Kelley mumbles then she pauses the show mid highlight and points towards the screen. "What happens next?"

I look at the screen and try to remember, but I can't.

"I don't know." I mumble. "I can't remember."

"Shit." Christen mumbles.

"Why can't I remember?" I question.

"I don't know Strides." Kelley says. "Maybe it's just a one time thing."

"God I hope so."