66

Astrid's POV

"Hey babe." Tobin says and pecks my lips. "I'm going with Ali and Alex to get some coffee. "

"Okay baby. Just be back for the meeting."

"Ay ay coach." Tobin says with a smirk then she kisses me.

My wife grabs her things and leaves our room so I grab my notes on our next SheBelieves opponent, Italy, and I finish up our tactical preparation. A couple minutes later there's a knock on the door so I get up and answer the door.

"Yes?" I say as I pull open the door to reveal Lindsey, Emily, Mal, Sam, Rose, and Moe. "Oh hey guys what's up?"

"Hey Astrid." Emily says.

"Here." Mal says and hands me a drink from Starbucks.

"Thanks Mal." I say and take the drink. "You guys wanna come in?"

"Sure." Mal says and everyone nods.

I open the door and the younger women come into the room then we sit around the room.

"Watcha workin on?" Rose asks as I put my notes up.

"I just finished the tactical break down on Italy." I say.

"Do you like being our manager?" Moe asks.

"It's a lot more stressful, but so far I enjoy it."

"Stressful how?" Lindsey asks.

"Well I have to manage 23 or more different personalties and keep everyone as happy as can be."

"Oh." Lindsey says as my alarm goes off.

"Meeting time." I say and gather my notes.

I pack my notes, tactical printout, notepad, keys, wallet, phone, and my Mac into my back pack then I put it on and grab my coffee. I then head down to the meeting room with the girls and they sit down while I set up. While I'm setting up all of the girls stream into the meeting room.

Eventually I have everything set up so I look up and count everyone which is when I see we are missing three people.

Ali, Alex, and Tobin.

"Do you know where they are?" I ask and look at Ash.

"No clue." Ash says.

"Mal were they at the coffee shop when you guys were there?" I ask.

"Yeah." Mal says and nods. "They showed up when we were leaving."

"Okay we'll just start the meeting without them." I say.

"Someone is in so much trouble later." Kelley mumbles.

"You have no idea." I say

Suddenly my phone rings.

"Hello?" I say when I answer the phone.

"Hi is this Astrid Heath?

"Yes?"

"Hi I'm calling from Johns Hopkins Hospital in regards to your wife Tobin Heath."

"What about her?"

"Ma'am she was in a Car accident."

"What?" I whisper.

"A negligent driver ran a red light and hit your wife's side of the car.

"H-her condition?"

"I'm sorry ma'am, but she's in a coma." The lady says causing me to start crying.

"A-a-and the other people she was with?"

"They're fine. They have minor scrapes and bruises."

"Okay. I'll be there soon." I mumble then hang up.

"Astrid?" Kelley tentatively says.

"Ash and Christen need to come with me." I say as I pack my stuff up.

"Why?" Christen ponders.

"Ali, Alex, and Tobin were in an accident."

"WHAT" Ash and Christen yell.

"Are they okay?" Sam asks.

"Ali and Alex are fine."

"And Tobin?" Ash asks.

"She's in a coma." I whisper.

"What?" Kelley asks.

"Tobin is in a coma."

I then wipe the tears from eyes and try to stop crying.

"Someone needs to drive me to Johns Hopkins Hospital." I say as I finish packing my stuff.

"I'll do it." Kelley says and grabs my keys.

"Okay." I say and throw her the keys. "The rest of you have the day off."

I put my backpack on, grab my coffee, then I wordlessly walk out of the meeting room and leave the hotel. Once outside of the hotel I head to the rental car and stand by the passenger door until Kelley, Ash, and Christen come running out. Kelley unlocks the car so I get in and sit patiently as the three girls get in then Kelley drives to Johns Hopkins Hospital.

When we get to the hospital we walk into the lobby.

"Baby." Ash says when she sees her wife waiting for us.

"Ashy." Ali says and hugs her wife.

"I'm so glad your okay." Christen says and hugs her wife.

"What floor?" I mumble.

"8th floor." Ali says.

"Room 817." Alex says.

I nod then we all get on the elevator and ride up to the eight floor.

"Who are you here to see?" A receptionist asks when we step out of the elevator.

"Tobin Heath." I say and show my drivers license. "I'm her wife."

"Just sign in here." The receptionist says so I do. "And your wife is right down there."

I walk in the direction the receptionist pointed to and finally I come to room 817. Once outside the door I take a deep breath then enter the room only to come face to face with my wife who looks like she's sleeping.

"Oh Boo Bear." I whisper and try not to cry...again

I walk into the room and set my stuff down on one of the tables in the room then I pull a chair up next to my wife and hold her hand.

"Here's her personal affects." A nurse says and hands me a bag of Tobin's things.

I open the bag, grab Tobin's necklace with the letter A on it and her wedding ring, unclasp the necklace, slide the ring on the necklace, then I clasp the necklace around my neck.

I then look at my twin.

"Kelley I need you to pack both Tobin and I's stuff and bring it up here." I say then look back at my wife. "I'm staying here."

"What about the team?" Kelley asks.

"I couldn't give a fuck about the team right now." I say. "US Soccer can fire me if they want, but I'm staying here until Tobin wakes up."

"Alright." Kelley says and rubs my back. "I'll take them back to the hotel and pack your things then I'll be back up here."

"Okay." I mumble.

Once the girls leave I rest my chin on Tobin's thigh and stare at her sleeping face.

After staring at my wife for awhile I decide to call her family.

"Hey Astrid." Tobin's sister Katie says.

"Katie?" I say then sniffle.

"Astrid? Astrid what's wrong?"

"T-Tobin was in an accident today and um..............Tobin's in a coma."

"W-what?"

"I know this may not be good timing, but could you or someone come to Baltimore?"