20

Astrid's POV

"Come on Kelloggs." I say and lead my twin through our hotel.

We beat England two days ago and today Kelley and I have media duties along with the rest of the team. Thankfully the different media outlets came to our hotel.

"What all do we have to do?" Kelley asks.

"Um you get to see your girl and we have to do some Fox Sports interview."

"I'm doing an interview for BBC Sports?"

"Yep."

"That's a bit weird right. I mean we just knocked out England."

"I'm just doing what I'm told." I say and head to the BBC Sports room.

"Hopey." Kelley squeals and runs to her fiancée.

"Hey beautiful." Hope says then she kisses my twin.

"Aww." I teasingly say earning a glare from Kelley and a chuckle from Hope.

"You're lucky I love you." Kelley grumbles.

"Yeah yeah." I say as I approach the couple. "Go get mic'd up."

Kelley pecks Hope's lips then walks to the audio people.

"Hey Astrid."

"Hey Hope." I say and hug my future sister-in-law.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm good. Just goin through the motions today." I say then look at Kelley who is distracted so I look back at Hope. "Take Kelley on a date tonight please."

"Uh yeah okay." Hope says then glances at our favorite squirrel. "Is she okay?"

"She needs to destress after being my nurse for the last three days."

"Alright..."

Kelley comes back over to us and leads her fiancée over to the interview area so I go and sit behind the camera. The BBC Sports ladies spend 20 minutes talking to Kelley about the teams journey throughout the World Cup, the game against England, our upcoming game against Germany, and they talk about her and Hope.

When Kelley's interview is over she gets rid of the mic then she hugs and kisses Hope. The two of us then leave the room and head down the hall to the next conference room. Once we get to the new conference room my twin and I get mic'd up by the Fox Sports people then we walk over to the interviewers

"Hey Coach." I say and hug my coach from Wolfsburg.

"Hello Astrid." Ariane Hingst says. "I knew you were good, but not this good."

"Thanks...I think."

"Coach?" Kelley questions.

"Ariane is a coach at Wolfsburg." I say

"Oh."

My twin and I are ushered into the seats in the middle of the 6 seats. A few seconds later we start rolling.

Rob Stone introduces us then opens the floor to questions, but I only pay attention to my questions.

I gotta get better at being in the moment.

"Astrid did you know you broke the record for most saves in a game?" Ariane asks.

"Uh no." I say then look at Kelley. "I did?"

"I guess so." Kelley says then looks at Ariane. "How many?"

"Astrid saved 20 shots against England." Ariane says making my eyes widen. "the previous record was 16 set by Tim Howard in 2014."

"Oh...cool?" I say.

"As a keeper what are your thoughts on VAR?" Heather asks.

"FIFA need to revise their rules and make the rules more clearer."

"Do you think the referee in the France game got the VAR penalty decision correct?"

"No." I say. "I knew I didn't move off the line and if you look at the footage you'll see I didn't."

"It stinks for that ref because she lost the chance to work the final." Kelley says.

There's some other questions after that, but they're pretty basic.

After the interview is over Kelley and I get rid of our mic's then head to the team chill room. Once in the team chill room Kelley and I sit on the couch and relax in the empty room.

"Hey Kels?" I say.

"Yeah?"

"Do you think I need to start putting out for Tobin?"

"Putting out?" My twin questions.

"Yeah...you know...get intimate with her."

"Astrid you don't need to do anything you aren't comfortable with." Kelley says as my phone buzzes as does hers.

Erin: The front desk lady has your stuff

"Well have fun on your date tonight." I say then stand up and kiss my twins head. "I'll see you later."

"Bye sis." Kelley says then she stands and leaves the room.

I walk out of the team room and down to the front desk lady then get stuff that's waiting for me.

I had my sister Erin go and get me some things so I could have a date with Tobin in our room tonight.

Once I have the stuff I head up to my room and begin setting up.

I pull the desk into the open space in the room then put a chair on either side of the desk. Next I put the food on the table along with the drinks I asked for then turn on the electric tea lights. Once that's all done I text my girlfriend and tell her there is a surprise in our room for her. When she texts back that she is on her way I spread rose petals around the table then make a trail from the table to the door.

A couple minutes later the most beautiful women in the universe comes into the room.

"What's all this?" Tobin asks with a smile.

"I feel like you and I haven't had any alone time since we started the tournament and I just want to have you to myself." I say then approach my girl and wrap my arms around her waist. "Just you and me for one night. No phones, no interruptions, and definitely no soccer talk. "

"Sounds perfect." Tobin says then she softly kisses me. "Hi beautiful."

"Hi Boo Bear." I say and smile at my forward. "There's something I need to tell you."

"Yes?" Tobin quizzically says.

"I love you Tobin."