95

Astrid's POV

"Load up ladies." I say then I carry my daughters onto the plane while Tobin grabs the bags.

Once on the plane Tobin and I get our seats then we put our bags in the seats facing us.

Tobin and I buckle up then we hold onto our daughters and relax through taxi and Takeoff.

Once in the air Mal and Lindsey come over and take Ingrid and Kasey from us then they sit down in their seats. Tobin follows the two Colorado lovebirds to their seat and hands them the girls bag then she comes back with Alex and Christen.

"Hey Astrid." Alex says as she and Christen sit across from me and my wife.

"Tobin said you needed to see us." Christen says.

"Yeah." I say then Tobin squeezes my hand. "So US Soccer is planning out the Victory tour."

"Right?" Alex says.

"And I need to ask you two something."

"Okay?" Christen says.

"Are you two thinking of retiring?" I ask.

The married couple look at each other then they look at my wife and I.

"Alex and I think it's time we hang up our boots." Christen says.

"Alright." I say. "So we're planning everything in detail and we have two games in LA that are four days apart so would those games work for you two to have a little ceremony?"

"It does." Alex says.

"Alright the first game is at Dignity Health Sports Park and the second game is at Banc of California Stadium and both games are against Switzerland. Now I have ideas about who could retire where, but this will be your day so it's up to you."

"What's your idea?" Christen asks.

"Well since Dignity Health Sports Park is close to where you grew up I thought thats were we could do your ceremony then, Alex, since BOC Stadium is close to where you grew up I was thinking we could have your ceremony there." I say.

"Yeah that works." Alex says and Christen nods so I pencil it into the schedule.

"So Tobin's retirement game is first, then kelley's, then you two's."

"Tobin what are you going to do now?" Alex asks.

"I don't know really." My wife says. "Probably just enjoy spending time with the kids and Astrid for a while."

"What are you doing about coaching Astrid?" Christen asks.

"Um I have a phone meeting sometime soon to discuss what US Soccer wanna do since my contract is up this year instead of next year like I thought."

"Oh." Christen says.

"Are we the only four that are retiring?" Alex asks.

"That I know of." I admit. "Nobody else has told me they wanna retire so."

A moment later the Colorado lovebirds return with our daughters.

"They kept looking at you so I assumed they wanted their Mom's." Mal says as our daughter's are handed back to us.

"Hi Rugrat." I say with a smile as I look down at my girls.

Kasey and Ingrid look up at me and Tobin then they smile at us as their little hands raise.

"You two are so cute." Tobin says as our daughter's latch on to our fingers.

"Well this is about to be a long flight so we're gonna go sleep." Alex says then she and Christen head back to their seats.

Tobin, our daughters, and I decided to get some sleep so we lean back in our chairs and get some rest.

"Astrid...Astrid...Astrid get up."

"What?" I groan

"We're in LA." Kelley says.

I nod then Tobin and I gather our things and our daughters and we head off the plane. Once off the plane we get on a bus then head to our hotel. When we get to the hotel someone from US Soccer hands us our key cards then Tobin and I head up to our room and lay down with our princesses

"I can't wait to be home." I say as Tobin and I lay with our Daughter's on our hotel bed.

"Ma...Mama" Ingrid say

"Oh my god." Tobin says as we look down at Ingrid.

"Did Ingrid just say what I think she said?" I ask as try to pick my jaw up.

I see Kasey look at her twin then she looks up at my wife and I.

"Ma...Mama" Kasey says.

"THEY TALKED."

- - - - -

"Ah." I say when Tobin and I step into our bedroom. "Home sweet Home."

"I can't wait for this season to be over." Tobin says as I lay the girls in their crib.

"Why Boo Bear?" I question as I join my wife on the bed.

"You, Me, and our girls all alone on a beach." My wife says then cuddles into me. "What could be better?"

"Well I can think of a few things." I say as I wrap my arms around my girl

"And what would that be?" Tobin questions.

"Our daughter's in their room, you naked in our bed as I..." I say then my phone interrupts me.

"Mood killer." Tobin mumbles as I answer the phone.

"Hello."

"Hey Astrid it's Kate."

"Oh hi Kate what's up?" I say.

"You have time to talk?" Kate Markgraf asks.

"I do."

"We need to discuss your contract."

"Alright." I say then put the phone on speaker so Tobin can listen. "What's up?"

"Well as you know your contract expires after this year, but it has an option to extend for a year which we'd like to activate and have you continue managing for another year."

"I'd love to." I say.

"Awesome." Kate says. "Do you have any idea who all will be retiring on the Victory tour."

"Kelley, Christen, Alex, and Tobin are all I know right now." I say. "I expect a couple more to tell me after the first victory tour game.

"Sounds good." Kate says. "Well i'll let you get back to enjoying your break and I'll see you later."

Kate and I hang up then I look at my wife.

"Did you hear back from the LA team?" I ask.

"They wanna talk to me after the season."

"Think we'll have to move LA?" I ask as I play with my wife's fingers. "I kinda like it up here."

"I think we may be able to stay here." Tobin says with a smile. "And maybe your twin can  come join us."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see."