21

Astrid's POV

"Ready Boo Bear?" I ask.

"Not yet." Tobin says then she kisses me. "Okay now I am."

"Your lucky we have a game." I mumble.

"We can make out after we win."

"I'm holding you to that."

Tobin and I grab our stuff then leave our room and head down to the team meeting room. Once in the meeting room the two of us sit down and wait for the rest of the team to arrive so we can head to the Parc Olympique Lyonnais and play Germany in the World Cup final.

Eventually everyone gets to the room so everyone then heads to the bus. Once on the bus everyone goes to their normal seats then we set off for the stadium.

I sit in the middle of the bus in my own row while listening to music. Tobin goes and sits with Christen and if I didn't know how much Christen is in love with Alex and if I didn't know her as well as I do then I'd be jealous as fuck of their friendship.

When we get to the stadium all of us get off and walk through the cheering fans then head into the locker room. Once in the locker room I set my stuff down then I put on my hoodie. Next I put my headphones on then I pull the hood over my headphones and grab my phone. I then walk out of the locker room and walk onto the pitch then head to the center circle before I press play and listen to my one song.

While I'm looking around the stadium I see my family sitting with the other families of the national team girls.

Even Carli's husband showed up for the final.

My family notices me and they wave at me, but I ignore them and continue looking around the stadium. When my one song ends I head back into the tunnel and make my way to the locker room. Once in the locker room I remove my headphones, grab my turquoise undershirt and my training top, then I head to a stall to change.

After I'm changed into my undershirt and training top I walk back to my locker then sit down and tape up my hands. Once my hands are taped I wait for a little bit and eventually Kelley comes and sits in my lap. I then run my hands through her long red hair and after a minute of doing this I put my twins hair up into her signature ponytail.

Once I'm done with Kelley's hair I lean forward and rest my head on Kelley's back as she begins the process of painting my nails. Apparently she's painting my thumbs white and the rest of my fingers will alternate between red and blue.

"How many of them do you know?" Mal asks.

"All of them." I say.

"Alright I'm done." Kelley says minutes after she started so I wrap my arms around my twin and hug her.

After our hug the team heads out to stretch and warm up.

Some time later the team finishes warming up so we head back into the locker rooms and change into our kits. Once everyone's dressed Jill does her speech then the starters head to the tunnel while the subs head to the bench.

When I walk to my spot in line I notice, out of my peripheral, all the German players looking at me. I just keep walking to my spot and pay them no mind even when some off my old teammates clap me on the shoulder as they walk to the bench.

I've never understood why people shake hands before they game. I'm trying to beat you so why would I want to be friendly?

A few minutes later we walk out of the tunnel and onto the pitch then we stand for the anthems. After the anthems finish we take a picture of the lineup then Pinoe goes for the coin toss. Seconds later Pinoe comes over and we do our team huddle then everybody runs to heads to their position and waits for the Germans to kick off which happens a few seconds later.