19

Astrid's POV

"Astrid maybe you shouldn't start today." Kelley whispers.

"There's no fucking way I'm not playing today. I trust Ash and Alyssa to do the job, but right now that's my net and I'm the only one protecting it." I whisper as I recline on the training table in the middle of the locker room.

"Alright."

Dawn then walks over to me and removes the IV from my arm.

Of all the days to get sick being sick on the semi final day has to be the worst.

After Dawn removes the IV I get off the training table and head to my locker. I then put on my headphones, then put my hoodie on and pull on the hood, then I grab a small trash can and walk out to the pitch. Once on the pitch I do my normal pregame routine when I'm starting a game.

I wear headphones, a hoodie with the hood pulled over my head, then I look around the stadium for one song just to have some peace and quiet.

Once my one song is up I begin to walk off the field when I hear my name

"ASTRID."

I look up and see Hope waving me over so I approach her and the other BBC Sports ladies.

"Are you okay?" She asks.

"I have a 101.6 fever and had to have an IV all night and all day today."

"Shit...Are you starting?"

"I want to, but it's up to the team"

"Is Kelley freaking out?"

"She's very clingy at the moment." I say earning a chuckle from Hope.

"Well good luck and I hope you feel better."

"Thanks." I say.

I then shuffle my way into the tunnel and try to find someone from the team

"Hey Tony." I say to get his attention.

"Do you need anything?" Tony asks.

"Can you walk with me and make sure I actually make it to the changing room?"

"Of course."

"Thank you." I say then slowly shuffle to the locker room.

What should have taken 30-45 seconds journey from tunnel to locker room actually ends up being a 4 minute journey.

"Thank you." I say once I get to the locker room.

Kelley and Christen approach me and I notice they have latex gloves on. The two of them then lead me to the training table and then they help me up on to the table. Before I lay down on the table Christen takes my hoodie and headphones and puts them in my locker.

"Kels I'm gonna need some latex gloves if were gonna do our pregame stuff."

"No problem." Kelley says as my girlfriend approaches also wearing latex gloves.

"Drink." Tobin says and help me drink some Gatorade.

"Thanks."

"No problem...Astrid do you want to play?" Tobin asks causing the whole room to be silent.

"I want to, but this is a decision for the rest of team. If everyone wants Ash or Alyssa to start then I'll be behind them 100%."

"But..." Kelley says.

"I know what I'm capable of. I know that once that whistle blows I'll be focused on getting us to the Final." I say then Tobin helps me drink a little more. "But ultimately this is a decision for the team."