94

Astrid's POV

"Astrid?" I hear Tobin say when she comes into our suite.

"Over here." I say from the desk in the living room part of the suite then I hear Tobin walk towards.

"Baby you missed lunch."

"Fuck." I mumble then Tobin sigh's as she walks to me.

My wife pulls my chair away from my notes on our opponent today then she sits in my lap

"Astrid what's wrong?" Tobin questions as she plays with my hair.

"We have to win." I say as I put my head in my wife's chest and wrap my arms around her. "I'm not losing to France in the World Cup Finals.

"I know, but you've always had faith in our ability so what's really wrong?"

"Did I really almost die?" I question.

"Yeah baby you did." Tobin says then she tilts my head up so we're face to face. "But you're alive and that's all that matters."

A moment later I hear our door open then I hear my twin talking.

"Super Kasey." Kelley says then I see her 'flying' Kasey through the air.

A moment later I see Mal 'flying' Ingrid through the air as well.

"Uh oh Kasey." Kelley says as she approaches me and Tobin. "I think Mama needs a kiss."

Kelley and Mal walk over to me and let Ingrid and Kelley kiss my cheeks

"Thanks Kelley." I say with a smile then I kiss my daughter's cheeks.

"We also brought food." Christen says then she puts food down on the desk as I notice more people in the room.

"Thanks." I say then start eating.

I eat in silence while Tobin, Kelley, Mal, Lindsey, Christen, and Alex play with Ingrid and Kasey.

After I'm done eating and everyone's left, Tobin and I take our daughters into the bedroom then we have a family nap for a few hours.

"You ready?" Tobin asks once our alarm goes off.

"Yeah." I say then take a deep breath. "Let's go win the World Cup."

- - - - -

"LET'S FUCKING GO." Kelley yells before the game kick's off.

"Geez she's loud." Ash says as France kicks off.

The first 15 minutes of the game goes by slow as shit since both teams are trying to sus each other out.

In the 16th minute of the game one of the French defenders intercepts a pass meant for Christen then she passes up field to Henry. Henry takes the ball into our half then she looks up and see's Le Sommer running into space so she plays a ball towards Le Sommer. Abby tries to get to the ball before Le Sommer, but she gets there to late.

When Le Sommer gets to the ball she hits it and sends it into the net making the score 1-0 to France.

"Fuck." I say.

The rest of the first of is annoyingly tense due to France pressuring us the whole time.

When the halftime whistle blows the coaches and I head into the locker room and I use the bathroom, wash my hands, grab a Powerade, then wait for the team to enter the locker room. Once everyone is in the locker room I talk about what I liked, which was very few things and what I didn't like, which was a lot, from the team in the first half then I make some adjustments on the tactical side of things.

After I finish my talk the team nods so I finish off my Powerade then head out with everybody for the second half.

France restart the half so I relax in my seat for the first twenty or so minutes of the game since nothing happens.

In the 67th minute of the game the ball goes out for a goal kick so Alyssa plays it short to Abby who then turns and dribbles the ball up field. One of the French ladies starts to put Abby under pressure so she dumps the ball off to my twin. When Kelley gets the ball she passes to Lindsey who then passes back to Julie since the French's pressure her. Julie notices Tobin making a run into space so she launches the ball across the field

The ball lands in front of my wife so she runs onto it then, as she crosses into the 18 yard box, Tobin puts her foot through the ball and bends it around the keeper making the score 1-1.

When the ball hits the net Alex is the closest to it so she grabs it then everyone runs back up field to restart the game.

In the 83rd minute Alana clears a ball upfield lands at Moe's feet so the midfielder lets the ball run through her legs as well as Henry's legs then she spins around and catches up to the ball. Once on the ball Moe is challenged by a French woman so she quickly passes to Julie who then chips the ball over the defense. The ball lands right at Christen's feet so she volley's it towards goal then the stadium watch as the ball flies past the outstretched glove of the French keeper putting us up 2-1.

The girls celebrate then they get back onside and defend for their lives

Some minutes later the final whistle blows so I hug all of my coaches then I put a glove on my hand before I walk over and shake hands with the French coach. After that I shake hands with the refs then I find the closest player to me.

"ASTRID." My twin yells then she jumps into my arms. "We did it."

"Yeah we did."

Kelley and I hug for a little while longer then I walk over to my wife.

"Do you think one of our parents would be able to watch the girls tonight?" I question as I rest .

"I think so." Tobin says then she tilts her head like a confused puppy. "Why?"

"I'm ready to do that thing tonight." I say then Tobin's eyes widen.

"Are you sure?" Tobin questions.

"I am." I say then I kiss my wife. "I love you and I trust you so if you're up for it I want to do it tonight."

"Oh I'm definitely up for it." Tobin says then she hugs me. "I love you Astrid."

"I love you Boo Bear." I say then kiss my wife's head. "Now let's go get our medals."