22

Astrid's POV

"Alright if you'd please put this on and then I'll be back." A nurse says then leaves.

Yesterday we won the World Cup and today the coaching staff is giving us a day to relax before we head back to America. Unfortunately for me, I am in a French hospital with Dawn and Tobin getting an MRI on my knee.

"Uh I'll leave you two to get changed." Dawn says then leaves the room.

"Do you want me to leave?" Tobin asks.

"Actually can you help me?" I ask.

"Of course."

Tobin then helps me up then helps me remove my shirt and sweats before she walks over and gets the hospital gown. When she turns around her breath hitches.

"Well." I tentatively say. "This is me."

Tobin walks over to me and helps me into the gown then she helps me onto the bed. My beautiful girlfriend then pulls up the gown and softly kisses the 10 bullet scars on my body.

The dude shot me more while I was on the ground.

Only Christen and Kelley have seen my scars because when we change in the locker room I'll go change into my kit in a stall in the bathroom then Kels and I will do our routine.

"You're beautiful." Tobin says while looking directly at me.

"Thank you." I whisper and try not to get emotional.

"I love you." Tobin says.

"I love you too." I say and intertwine our hands. "You know I'm kinda pissed my knees messed up."

"And why's that?" Tobin asks.

"I wanted to celebrate with you last night."

"...stupid knee." Tobin mumbles making me laugh.

Tobin then brings my hand to her lips and kisses it which makes me get a fuzzy feeling in my stomach. A couple seconds later there is a knock on the door

"Alright Ms. O'Hara we are ready for you." A nurse says.

Tobin helps me off the bed and hands me my crutches then I follow the nurse to the MRI room. Once in the MRI room I lay on the table thingy for 45 minutes and sleep. When the 45 minutes are up I get helped off the table and crutch back to the room where Tobin and Dawn are.

20 minutes later the doctor comes in the room then goes over the results of the MRI and tells Dawn what to do once we get back to America. When the doctor finishes talking the three of us check out then head back to the hotel. After we get to the hotel Tobin helps me out of the car then we head to the team chill room.

Once in the team chill room Tobin helps me sit down on one of the loveseats then she goes and gets us some drinks

"So how long are you out?" Kelley asks.

"2 weeks." I say as Tobin sits next to me with our drinks.

"What? How?" Christen asks as everyone looks at me and my girlfriend.

"Astrid has a very light grade 1 ACL sprain." Tobin says.

"That's it?" Mal asks.

"Yeah..." I say then Tobin intertwines our hands. "...Um apparently the injury was mostly psychological."

"What do you mean?" My twin asks.

"The doctor explained it as I felt I was letting everyone down so I imagined my knee was worse than it actually was."

"So basically mental pressure caused you to feel like your knee exploded." Christen says.

"I guess."

"Have you called Utah?" Kelley asks.

"I texted them on the way over here and they know."

"What did they say?" Becky asks.

"I'll miss the game against North Carolina, but I'll be available after that."

The rest of the day is spent lounging around and enjoying the peace we have before all the media requests and all the other stuff that comes with winning the World Cup.

When dinner finishes Tobin and I head up to our room and pack our whole room up so we don't have to in the morning. Once that's done Tobin and I head to the bathroom and she helps me out of my clothes and into the shower. A few seconds later my beautiful girlfriend joins me in the shower and she washes my hair and my body as I hold myself up. After I'm clean Tobin washes herself then we get out of the shower and dry off before we get changed into our sleep stuff and head to bed.

When Tobin and I awaken from our slumber we do our morning routines then gather our things and head to the meeting point for the team. Eventually everyone arrives so we all head to the bus and put our bags where there suppose to be then get on the bus and a couple minutes later we head to the airport.

As we're driving to the airport I go through social media then check my mentions and one mention from a fan account catches my eye.

@astrid_ohara are you going to the White House?

Oh I'm definitely replying

@press.on.fire I'd rather be shot 10 times again then step foot in the white house while the current resident is still occupying the oval office.

That should stir some shit.

"Really Strides." Kelley says from next to me.

"What?" I innocently ask.

"You know what you did."

"Am I not allowed to voice my opinion?"

"You are." Kelley says. "But now people are going to ask about you getting shot."

"So?" I say. "I don't care."

"Alright."

Eventually we arrive at the airport and instead of going into the main terminal we drive through a gate and head for a hangar. Once in the hangar everyone gets off the bus and looks at the plane.

"What did you do?" Christen says then everyone looks at me.

"I didn't do anything." I say.

"Then how'd we get a private plane?" Kelley asks.

"I don't know."

"Who cares." Emily groggily says. "Just get on the plane so we can go home."

"Agreed." Pinoe says then everyone boards the plane.

Once on the plane I sit in my seat next to Tobin then I lean the seat back and swiftly fall asleep to try and enjoy the last few hours of peace we have before the chaos starts.