89

Astrid's POV

"Do we have everything?" I ask my wife as I look around our hotel room.

"I think so." Tobin says as she finishes dressing Ingrid.

After our daughters are dressed Tobin and I look around the room and make sure we have everything then we each grab a daughter and our bags before we head down to the meeting room. Once in the meeting room we lay the girls into the crib we keep in the meeting room then I prepare for our welcome meeting.

"Where are my nieces?" Mal asks when she comes into the room.

"In the crib." Tobin says as she brings me coffee.

"Thank you." I say and Kiss my wife.

"Hello little cuties." Mal says as she looks into the crib. "Astrid where are their plushies?"

"Red backpack." Tobin and I say in unison.

"That was weird." Lindsey mumbles as she brings her fiancée the red back pack.

I finish up preparing the welcome meeting then I sit down next to my wife and enjoy a rare moment alone while we wait for everyone to arrive.

"We need to talk later." Tobin whispers.

"Good talk or bad talk?" I question.

"Bit of both I think." Tobin says as the last player enters the room.

I nod then Tobin goes and sits with the team while I stand up and face the team.

"Welcome everybody to camp and once again I want to congratulate you all on making the team." I say.

"YEAH." Kelley shouts causing the twins to start crying. "Shit."

"Hey that's on you." Tobin says then she and Mal hand Kelley the kids.

"Please don't Cry." Kelley says.

Kelley tries for a couple minutes to get the girls to calm down, but nothing works.

"Here." I say and hold my hands out to my twin. "Gimme my girls."

Kelley hands me Ingrid first before she hands me Kasey then my daughters rest their heads on my shoulder while they continue to quietly sob.

"Shh." I whisper as I kiss Kasey's head then I kiss Ingrid's head. "Mama's got you."

I gently rock my girls back and forth for a while then I look at Tobin and nod.

"All of you be quiet." Tobin says then she, along with everyone else in the room, look at me as I start to sing.

Every story has a beginning, a middle, and end
I'm stuck on chapter one
There's no substitute for losing a friend
You come second to none
You know I say what's on my mind
You know it can get me in trouble most of the time
I can't hold a weighted heart, gotta let it out from the start
Anyone can see you and I are just the same
If you try your best, you don't succeed, you try harder again
And all I want to know is when we were close that night
Did you take the time to close your eyes and place your lips to mine
When you move in for the first kiss
Make sure you don't miss
Every story has a beginning, a middle, and end
And I'm on chapter two
Cause you never know what's waiting around the bend
I'm always wishing it's you
Anyone can see you and I are just the same
If you try your best, you don't succeed, you try harder again
And all I want to know is when we were close that night
Did you take the time to close your eyes and place your lips to mine
Place your lips to mine
When you move in for the first kiss
Just make sure you don't miss
OH make sure you don't miss, no
Make sure you don't miss, you don't miss, don't miss, no
Keep your eyes closed
'Cause every story has a beginning, a middle, and end

When I finish singing I notice my daughter's are asleep so I walk over to the crib and lay them down.

The moment the girls hit the mattress Ingrid instinctively reaches over and grabs her sisters hand making me internally swoon. I then turn around and beckon everyone over to me.

"What?" Tobin whispers when she gets to me.

"Look." I whisper and point down.

Tobin, along with the rest of the team, look down at Ingrid and Kasey then they all swoon.

"How do you do that?" Kelley asks as the team sit back down.

"Power of being a Mother." I say. "But back to the task at hand..."

I run over everything we're gonna do before we head to Australia and at the end of our meeting Kasey and Ingrid wake up for dinner so Tobin and I feed them while we eat dinner then, after dinner, we put on the animated Lion King since that's their favorite movie.

"So while we watch this I'm gonna call you over to me one by one in order of most caps to choose your number for the World Cup okay?" I question and everyone nods. "Boo Bear I already have you down so Pressy your next...I'm guessing same number?"

"Yep." Christen says so I pencil in Christen as our number 23.

"Okay...Alex, Julie, Kelley, Moe Moe, and Alyssa I assume you guys wanna stick with your numbers." I say and the five players nod so I pencil them in for their normal numbers.

One by one I get everyone's number situated then I check over the list to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

1-Alyssa Naeher
2-Emily Sonnett
3-Sam Mewis
4-Alana Cook
5-Kelley O'Hara
6-Morgan Brian
7-Abby Dahlkemper
8-Julie Ertz
9-Lynn Williams
10-Lindsey Horan
11-Mal Pugh
12-Tierna Davidson
13-Alex Morgan
14-Sofia Huerta
15-Kristie Mewis
16-Rose Lavalle
17-Tobin Heath
18-Adrianna Franch
19-Crystal Dunn
20-Andi Sullivan
21-Aubrey Bledsoe
22-Sam Staab
23-Christen Press

Once I have the numbers down I put all of my coaching stuff away then I sit with Tobin and our girls and watch the movie.

When the movie ends everybody packs their stuff up then we head up to our rooms. Once in our room Tobin and I shower with the girls, get them dressed for bed, lay them down in their crib, then we cuddle in our bed.

"So is this a coach to player talk or a wife to wife talk?" I question.

"I need my wife on this one." Tobin says.

"Okay." I say as I lazily run my finger over Tobin's exposed side. "What's up Boo Bear?"

"I think I'm gonna retire after the World Cup."