9

Astrid's POV

I'm beginning to think Carli lied. I haven't played in a single game with the national team including our game against New Zealand a couple days ago.

"Stop." Kelley says snapping me from my thoughts.

"What?"

"I know you're pissed you didn't play."

"No shit." I say as we walk into our family's hotel in New Jersey.

Kelley and Erin talked me into having a conversation with our dad to clear the air. I told them the only way I'd talk to him is if the whole family is in the room.

"Hey twins." Erin says and hugs us.

"Hey." Kelley and I say in unison.

Erin leads us up to our parents room and knocks on the door. Mom opens the door and lets us in then she hugs Kelley and I. I sit down in the office chair as Kelley hugs Dad then Kelley comes over and sits in my lap.

"How is this suppose to work?" I whisper to Kelley.

"Just say how you feel."

"You really don't want me too."

"So Astrid." Mom says breaking the uncomfortable tension. "How've you been?"

"Really?" I say only to be smacked in the arm by Kelley.

"Stop." Kelley whispers making me sigh.

"Sorry." I say then look at Mom. "I've been doing a lot better Mom."

"That's good."

"Yeah...can we just get this over with. Dan obviously doesn't wan't to be here and frankly it's hard for me to be in the same room as him."

"Why?" Kelley asks.

"You know why Kelley." I say.

"I know, but I'm trying to start this conversation."

"Fine." I say and sigh then look at dad. "You made my life hell for no fucking reason. I never did anything to warrant your treatment of me. I failed tests since I didn't know the material because you made me practice with Kelley. I didn't do projects because we had to get Kelley extra training which I was forced to go to so she had a keeper. I never even wanted to play soccer."

"Then why did you play?" Dad asks.

"You fucking forced me too." I say as Kelley squeezes my hand. "Why did you treat me like you did?"

"Astrid you and Kelley were supposed to be triplets, but when you were born your triplet brother died." Dad says.

"How the fuck is that my fault?" I seethe. "So you've been blaming me since I was 10 minutes old."

"Why weren't any of us told that they were suppose to be triplets?" Erin asks.

"You didn't need to know." Mom says.

"The hell we didn't." I angrily say. "I was seen as a burden for 18 years and for what? Because dad didn't get another son?"

"That's so fucked." Kelley whispers to me causing me to nod then stare at our father.

"I didn't do anything wrong so you need to either get your priorities straight and start treating me as your daughter or I will never consider you my father." I say then I get a text.

Ash: You need to get back here ASAP

Me: Why?

Ash: Your child has locked herself in her room and won't come out for anyone.