40

Astrid's POV

We just beat the Dutch 2-1 and now we are at dinner before we leave tomorrow for the holiday's.

"Astrid there's someone here to see you." Mal says as I fix my plate.

I turn to face the door and when I see who's waiting for me I drop my plate and it clatters to the floor getting everyone's attention.

"Astrid?" Christen says.

"Sis what's wrong?" Kelley says and looks up at me.

I just point towards the person standing by the door.

"Y-y-you see her too." I say.

Kelley turns around and when she sees who I'm pointing at her jaw drops.

"What the fuck?" Kelley says.

I walk over to the girl and stand in front of her.

"Hey Astrid." She says.

I poke her shoulder a couple times to make sure I'm not dreaming and sure enough she's real.

"You...your not dead?" I ask.

"No Astrid." Lily says.

"What the hell?" Christen says as she and Kelley come up to us.

"We-we buried you." I say. "I saw them put you in the ground."

"It was an empty coffin Astrid." My ex girlfriend, who should be dead, says.

"Why?" Kelley asks.

"I needed a fresh start." Lily says.

"SO YOU FAKE YOUR OWN DEATH." I yell.

"Yes Astrid."

"Why didn't you just tell me?" I ask. "I wouldn't have said anything."

"Why would I?" Lily asks.

"So I wouldn't have had to leave Stanford, cut off all ties to my family and move to Germany. So I wouldn't have had to distract myself from your memory with booze and sex." I seethe. "If you would have told me then I wouldn't have hated my twin for 8 years."

"That's not my fault." Lily whispers.

"Yes it is you dumb cunt...If you didn't already have a black eye I'd fucking give you one."

"You've changed Astrid."

"And you should've stayed dead." I say then leave the room.

Thankfully I already have my phone and wallet so I head out to the rental car, which I was told to drive back from the stadium and I haven't given the keys back. Once in the car I turn it on then peel out of the parking lot as the team coming running out of the hotel. I then start driving around the city while thinking about everything that's happened since Lily 'died'.

WAIT.

"Hello?"

"Holly did you know?" I seethe into the phone.

"Know what?"

"That your fucking sister was alive?"

"Fuck she got to you first." Holly says then sighs. "No Astrid. She stopped by last night. I didn't know...I would've told you."

"I know Holly." I say as I arrive at my destination "I gotta go Holly."

"Alright bye Astrid."

"Bye."

When I hang up I get out of the car then go sit on the edge of a cliff overlooking the Mount Wilson Observatory

I then take out my phone and listen to music for a while while thinking about the past 12 years.

This bitch really faked her own death because she needed a new start.

Who does that?

A couple hours later I turn my music off then head back to the car and get in. I then make my way down of the mountain and head towards the nearest gas station and car wash since the car got a bit dirty. Eventually I make it though traffic and arrive at a gas station so I fill up the car then go inside and get two of those frozen icee things, one for me and one for whomever wants it.

When the car is filled up I take it to a car wash and run it through the car wash then I head back to the hotel. Once at the hotel I park next to the other team rentals then I grab my stuff and walk into the hotel. I then head to the team meeting room to give the keys back, but when I get into the meeting room I come face to face with the whole team.

"Hello." I mindlessly say as I hand Jill the keys.

"Hello?" I hear Kelley angrily say.

Here comes the lecture.

"You've been gone for two fucking hours Astrid. We tried calling and texting, but you wouldn't answer. What if something happened to you? What if you got hurt? What if.."

"Hi Astrid." Mal says with a smile and cuts Kelley off

"Hey Mal Pal."

"Who's that for?" Mal asks and points to the icee in my hand.

"You want it?" I ask and hold it out to her.

"Really?" The young girl asks then I nod. "Sure."

Mal takes the drink from my hand and starts to drink it. I then walk around the group of players and sit on one of the couches in front of the tv.

"Good thing I got rid of that stupid lily tattoo." I say then look at the empty space on my calf where the tattoo use to be.

Tobin sits down next to me, kisses my cheek, then intertwines our hands.

"You ready to go to Germany?" I ask.

"Very ready." Tobin says then she leans her head on my shoulder.

"Your pretty." I say making Tobin blush.

"Astrid?" Mal asks as she sits next to me.

"Yes." I say as the team sit around the room.

"I don't mean to be invasive, but how can you afford to pay for Ash and Ali's flight and a first class flight to Germany all at the same time?"

"My money makes money."

"What do you mean?" My favorite Washington Spirit player asks.

"Everytime I get paid for something half of the money goes into my bank account and half goes to investments."

"So How rich are you?" Kelley asks.

"Umm." I say and think about my last bank statement. "Rich enough to have multiple houses throughout the world."

"Multiple?" Christen asks.

"I bought the house in Salt Lake City, I have my house in Wolfsburg, my house in Portugal, and a few others I rent out." I say.

"You have a house in Portugal?" My twin asks.

"Where do you think we stayed for your Bachelorette party?" I ask.

"That was your house?" Ash asks.

"Did none of you pick up on the fact I had the key to the front door?"

"Oh." Kelley says.

"Astrid." Mal says and pokes the tattoo on my arm.

"Yes?"

"Can you help me with investing?"

"Of course." I say. "I can show you what to do during the January friendlies."

"Thanks." Mal says with a smile then she leans her head on my free shoulder.

"Of course Mal." I say with a smile.

Ah.

What a day.